3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Yay, rear ended.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
WorrGames
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yay, rear ended.

Well, the waterfountain at my work was broken, so I took a trip to go grab a bottle of water at the dunkin donuts down the street. Im at a stoplight, and I hear a loud tire screech, and jerked me forward, "pretty hard". I get out, and see the horror... Rear bumber 100%messed up, my pipes are all banged up and one is bent, tailgate is bent and warped, but my trailer hitch is alright :-0

Anyways, i just though id let you fellas know. What an adventure to go get some water.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:28 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Default RE: Yay, rear ended.

Thats just wrong! I would loose my cool on that one. Hope it goes as smooth as posible for the repairs etc. Good luck.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 PM
flamered06
Rookie

Can ya take some pics? Did the other driver just not stop at the light soon enough or was there snow/rain/ice on the pavement that caused it to slide into ya. Good luck with 'er dude.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
WorrGames
Professional

well, There was a line of cars in front of me, which we were all stopped. Even the car behind me wasnt moving, but the car behind that, must of looked away or something, because he smacked the car behind me, launching that car into me. I really feel bad for the girl behind me though, her car was totaled. honestly, all I can say about my truck is how freakin tough these trucks are! Obviously anything sheet metal will bend / ding. But everything that is supposed to be solid on my truck, not a scratch.

Im just pissed off about my pipes mostly.

As for conditions... sunny / warm day with a bad driver on the road. I also feel bad for the driver that hit the other car. None of us asked for it, Shiat happens.

Anyways, since its not my fault, i shouldnt have to pay or anything, insurance probably wont go up.

My question is, hows the resell value gonna be affected through this, obviously it was in an accident, and its on police records, meaning its probably gonna go on carfax.

Is that maybe a claim I should also file?

Im by all means not the type of person that takes money from other people, but it also shouldnt have to come out of my pocket.

Thanks for your concerns guys.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the accident. Did either one of you get injured?

Old 11-17-2006, 07:39 PM
WorrGames
Professional

nah were alright, the girl that hit me had pretty scratched up arms from the airbag though. But nobody got hurt...just my truck :-(

Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

Best bet is to file a "report only" claim with your insurance company. It will at least make a timely note of it on their records incase you end up going through your own for repairs. You could file a collision claim under your policy, pay your ded and then have your ins co subrogate the resp party and they'll try to get your ded back for you. Or you can try to claim directly under the resp party property damage coverage for your repairs--remember their pd ins cov has to pay for both the middle car and your damage--if they had only like $10k they may not have enough to cover both vehs (unk value of the middle cars value if total loss) but yours will prob be at least $3k for repairs I'd imagine.....Good luck. (I Used to be an auto damage insurance adjuster)

Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
WorrGames
Professional

Update--

I brought the truck in today for an estimate,
As for the damage, the quarter panels are damaged, tail gate, exhaust system is bent up and shot, and the bumber is done.

He said hed throw in a nice chrome bumper, anybody recommend me getting a chrome one, or a white one? He said theres really not much price difference between the flat black one, and the chrome one.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have him paint the rear bumper, and while he's at it, have him prep and paint the front and include it in the price. :-) Your truck would be badass. :-)

Old 11-20-2006, 06:54 PM
WorrGames
Professional

yeah that would be pretty badass. Well, good thing nothings prolly gonna happen for the next couple of weeks. I would probably end up paying for the front, cause theres no damage. Well see, do you think they paint over there? its at a dodge dealer.

Quick Reply: Yay, rear ended.