3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

some of you have informed me that mopar performance parts will not trash my warrenty. i havent checked into it yet, but i am really likin the lack of noise in the cab. my old truck was pretty loud and i thought 1st thing i would do was put a new loud exhaust on this, well im likin the peace and quietexpecially since i have a long drive from college to home i make quite a bit to see the gf and a lot of the guys ect and parents and dog ect. my main concern is my tailpipe, its disgusting. think i can find a mopar performance exhaust that will be just as quiet if not, almost as quiet? but actually looks good...

no rush, i want to do this right, plus i just ordered a bedrug and 700 series leer tonneau...so im done for a lil, but startin to look around oh and those lookin at tonneaus, ill get some pics up after the install, finals are comin up and i wount have a chance to get either put on till around december 17th-ish. thing that sold me on the leer 700 series besides all the nice features ill get into when i post pics, but it unlocks with a key, or, or, did i say or? but it will be programed to unlock with the stock keyless entry that unlocks my passenger doors

EDIT
mods, if u have a problem with this post bc of leer, if leer isnt a sponsor or any other reason, please just edit the leer out and leave the rest.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: exhaust

leer is a nice cover, i went with the a.r.e. only because it was out before the leer 800 series. as far as exhaust, the only reason the truck is quiet is because of the resonators. one after the cats and another after the muffler. you can keep the resonators and still get an exhaust. most people drop on , i dropped both. just drop the one after the muffler. the one under the cab will still keep it quiet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/03F7C434D2C9441E969D66B3BE4A7ED4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/CBA46C7D65384C5C93E7A157C3EE7452.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

yea I dropped the muffler and just running thru the resonators,I was worried about the noise but it's just about right as far as mods I'm running a Airaid modular intake tube with a K&N drop in,had it in the dealer to replace a knock sensor they didn't say a thing about my mods.read the thread at the top of this section on warranty questions.if you want to just get rid of the tailpipe,unbolt that last section with the resonator on it from the end of the muffler,stick on a piece of pipe and dump it at the axle,cheap fix and shouldn't sound to bad,hold on to the section you removed in case you want change it back.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I did the same as you, It sounds ok. still quieter then my moms hemi. I might just take off the back resignator like you said also....... I wish I could afford a flowmaster kit.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Daves05Dakota

Some guy at DTW was saying he bought 2 Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Mufflers for $52.00 each. you may want to look up the thread there, I think it was in the Dakota section, maybe it was the exhaust section, oh well. Thats a great price, gonna ask wife for one for X-Mas myself.

D05D

Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the sounds the 50 series delta flows sound on my truck. perfect. not loud, but noticeable.

Quick Reply: exhaust