3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:26 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's here!

Graythang II has arrived at the dealer when I was away in Cali on a business trip. All Cali people (fun State good people in the Vandenberg area.)
Anyway, haven't seen her yet but I will be there next week to do the paperwork. Have to get a bunch of little stuff done when it’s mine. The bedrug liner and topper will need to be changed over and DCX is paying to do this and other stuff. Let ya know more when I take possession.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's here!

Awesome! About time!!!! :-)

Old 12-24-2006, 02:07 PM
white26golf
Veteran

apparently I have been out of the loop for a little while. what is graythang II, and what happened to graythang I?

Old 12-24-2006, 02:53 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

Oh, PLEASE don't open that can of worms!!! lol

Old 12-24-2006, 05:04 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

LoL yes please dont!!! I hope II is better than I. I hope DCX is making good and you lighten up a bit on them. Think they are doing more for you than I have seen any company every do. Take picks for it when you get it!

Old 12-24-2006, 05:16 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Dam it's only what anyone would expect from a reputable company given the state of the product and in light of the situation. You would I hope would have done the same and expected the same results.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:05 PM
lil
Captain

Congrads graythang.....I can almost tell you have a smile on your face.....hope this one turns out to be your dream truck........lil<---crosses fingers [sm=smarty.gif]

Old 12-26-2006, 02:07 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you get another H.O.or just a stock 4.7?. my 05 now has 30000 miles on it and has never been back to the dealer for anything. still have the original brakes.need to make an app. have to have tranny flushed and diff fluid changed out. other than that i still beat it everyday. leaving two nice black strips at every stop sign and traffic light. now that it is getting cooler in ct, i seem to be having a problem keeping the back end from breaking loose.i think the cams and reflashing are starting to feel the brunt of the cooler air and adjusting the timing a little to far, but oh well

Old 12-26-2006, 02:15 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Got the HO again. The entire line of engines are way lite on HP so the HO was a must. The package is the same as Graythang I. TRX4 pretty much loaded Laramie CC. Same Mineral Gray etc. The fact that yours and others run like raped apes and others run just so-so and some like Gray-1 runs just stupid bad shows the vast of inconstancies at the engine plant.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

Ive been having problems keeping traction as well, I have a stock 4.7. Good luck on this one greything, Im sure you will let us know how it does. Hopefully it will be good to you. When do you pick it up?