3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

hood latch

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
HAWKOFFROAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hood latch

i have one new grill and i istalled it and i cant push the hood release anymore so i have a rope to pull it down right now did anyone have this issue and how did you fix it.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hood latch

I have speed grill inserts on my 99. and there is no hole for the hoodlatch either. so I just drilled a small hole it the latch handle close to the end of it. then I got a peice of wire. a clothes hanger will work good too. then put it through the hole you just drilled and bend it so it wont come oout. then run it down to the bottom of the grill and make an L shape bend at the bottom of it. then just put a couple zip ties to it to hold it onto the grill so it doesnt bounce around. and all you ave to do is pull down on the wire and then you can open your hood

Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
ETXDak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hood latch

here's what I did using galvanized steel cable and crimps I think that's 3/32 cable,there was already a hole in the latch I drilled it out some and put in a grommet the whole thing is hidden by the middle section of the grill.

Quick Reply: hood latch