3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

small throttle body problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
dakoduh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: small throttle body problem

I don't mean to hijack here but was just wondering if it's necessary to do the computer reset thing after installing a c.a.i. & cat back exhaust?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
05bluedak
Rookie

i didn't when i put both of mine in, but...it couldn't hurt

Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

Thanks blue. If I get ambitious I may do it to see if it makes any difference. If I don't my computer may have some learning to do. New intake, new exhaust and a cold spell around here with temps getting below zero

Old 01-15-2007, 06:39 PM
05bluedak
Rookie

no problem, wat kinda CAI and exhaust you put on?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:29 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

AEM brute force, gibson 3" catback. Happy with both, don't have to screw with oiling the aem & they're supposed to filter better than k&n (which wouldn't take much[:-]). Gibson sounds great without being annoyingly loud

Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I can't believe that this thread is 6 pages back already.

05bluedak, when you paid for the tb, did you pay $260 for it, and then sent in your core tb to get the $80 back, or did it cost you the $180?

I'm probably going to buy one next week when I get my tax return, so I'm just trying to plan out how I'm going to spend it on my truck.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
05bluedak
Rookie

when you buy it he charges you the 260. then once you send him back your old throttle body he refunds the 80 dollars. just make sure when you send it back u get confirmation from the mailing service so u can email it to him. always good to have insurance in case something gets lost.

also- this thread was started because i had a problem but it worked itself out. if when you install the TB you have a lumpy idle or anything like that give it a few days. mine ended up working out fine. also after u install it make sure to let ur truck idle for a few minutes undisturbed. overall i couldn't be happier with mine. with the CAI and the TB i get a really nice sound up at the hood. i have a small clip but its not good, i'll get a better one and put it up, eventually....haha

Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
05dak3.7

Does anyone kno if they make a throttlebody for the 3.7

Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

www.thefastman.com has tb for all mopar engines. drop dan an email. but from what i have been told he just got back to work after having foot surgery so he is a little backed up

Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

I installed my TB from the fastman about 8 months ago. Started and idled smooth as baby's butt right from the get go. But I disconnected NEG cable before doing the install. Then did the PCM reset before reconnecting. Never had the idle issue you described. So everythng ok now? Good.
ORIGINAL: 05bluedak

when you buy it he charges you the 260. then once you send him back your old throttle body he refunds the 80 dollars. just make sure when you send it back u get confirmation from the mailing service so u can email it to him. always good to have insurance in case something gets lost.

also- this thread was started because i had a problem but it worked itself out. if when you install the TB you have a lumpy idle or anything like that give it a few days. mine ended up working out fine. also after u install it make sure to let ur truck idle for a few minutes undisturbed. overall i couldn't be happier with mine. with the CAI and the TB i get a really nice sound up at the hood. i have a small clip but its not good, i'll get a better one and put it up, eventually....haha

Quick Reply: small throttle body problem