3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Jet stage 1, what did you get out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 AM
DynoDan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet stage 1, what did you get out of it?

Hey guys i ordered a stage 1 and cant wait to get it. Does it help with the MPG like it says it does. And does any one know were i can find a decent prices cold air intake for the 05 Dak. Thnks DYNO DAN

Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my stage I, and with the exhaust and CAI, i was getting 20mpg on the hiway at 80mph. Sometimes I would get a little over 22mpg, but the moment I hit a hill that was about a mile long, all bets were off, and I would maintain a cool 18-19 mpgs. But, this is on an AWD truck where the power and mileage suffer some.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 AM
DynoDan

My dakota looks like yours but i dont think its the laramie. It has a flowmaster no it when i bought it so i dont know how fancey it is My truck has 2 pin strips on it but i like your rims what size and brand are they and do you have A/T or H/T on it .also i am looking to put on nerf bars and an cold air intake . Then ill be happy with it . I put in a system kenwood head polks in the doors and 2 pre amped kenwood subs in the rear. Sound great i can bump rap rock blues it sounds so balanced . Thanks for your in put . do you know the diff between the Laramie and SXT . Thnks DYNO DAN

Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

The Laramie is fully loaded. We're talking about the indash 6 disc CD Changer, all leather seats, with heaters, power everything, defrost on the mirrors, and about $10,000 MSRP.

The wheels came standard on the Laramie. I saw some on Ebay, so you could try and buy them there. People are upgrading their wheels to something nicer, and then selling the stocks. The only thing I hate about the wheels the damn tires. They're ribbed and when I put on tire shine, it splatters all over the side of the truck, whether I wipe them down or not.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

OK, i'm looking to likely resume modding my truck this summer. I put a cap on shortly after I bought it that really tapped my funds and I should be in better shape to buy more toys this summer. For performance, I'm considering an exhaust, intake, t-stat and perhaps a JetChip I. I've read on here what you guys have gotten in terms of gains, but which would you do first, and in what order would you do the mods?

I was thinking exhaust, t-stat (probably only those two this summer), then the intake & JetChip as I free up funds. Does that seem logical?

I'm also hoping to do a little work on the sound system this year, which is why some of the performance mods might have to wait...the base sound system just needs more bass...bad.

Thoughts?

Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Well I was brousing ebay I found a "chip upgrade" for $7 plus $3 shipping so... a total of $10 it claims anywhere from 5-12hp gain...for $10 and no work...I'm gonna try it... I know its no Jet Stage I but, for $10 if it works...thats awesome...it was some no name thing tho...so we'll see.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

Don't buy it... it's just crap. Do it right and buy something that repitible. Something like that is a gimick and you'll install it thinking that it actually works. If you want to spend the $10, then that's up to you. I think you could spend it better elsewhere .

Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

What have you guy's found for prices on Jet Chip Stage I the cheapest I found was 207.00 & 214.00 for stage II w/ free shipping.

Any suggestions or link's?

Blu_

Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

ORIGINAL: Blu_Dak

What have you guy's found for prices on Jet Chip Stage I the cheapest I found was 207.00 & 214.00 for stage II w/ free shipping.

Any suggestions or link's?

Blu_
I've never of those prices. Where'd you find those prices at?

Quick Reply: Jet stage 1, what did you get out of it?