3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 AM
nowick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you do?

I make this box it is built for a 8 inch sub It sounds great and can come out with no problem if you need the space I can make you one if you want PM me

Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ericemery

MB, are you still looking for a sub? I have an alpine type X I am trying to get rid of... I will sell it cheap. I also have an amp that will power it... I will make you an awsome deal on them.
I am.

Will it fit in a CC? If it doesn't, give it to trucky...

I'm also been curious (and need to research) whether I can hook up an amp and sub using the factory radio...if I remove that, I lose my UConnect. So, I'm not even sure I can buy it 'til I check into that. I know an aftermarket radio won't allow UConnect to work, but I'm not sure if there's outputs for a sub and/or amp on the factory. I'll check the manual here later today and get back to ya.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:51 PM
nowick
Professional

when I swapped my radio I lost u connect and steering wheel controls, but gained dvd and navi. I ordered a unit to make the controls work again but, I have not found one for the u connect. I never got a chance to try it. I changed the radio the first day I had the truck so I don't know what I am missing. As for the RCA outputs there should be a set if not you can get a device that will tap into your speaker wires and have RCA inputs so yes you can install it to the factory radio.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:42 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

I didn't have time to read all these posts...but for intakes I'd look into autoanything ...you can get K&N's for a decent price plus they have FREE shipping on just about everything...pretty much everything about $50.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Gerrard155

You can install an aftermarket stereo with Uconnect(otherwise known as bluetooth). Pioneer makes some excellent systems, check them out at Crutchfield.com. It basically just ignores the stock uconnect and puts a new one in. I believe the 7800 and 9800 models both have bluetooth. The only problem is they can get a bit pricey, but don't forget the increase in sound quality you get from an aftermarket stereo. Anyway, just trying to put all the options on the table.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

And I do appreciate that (both your comments and good sound (I am a sound technician, after all)). I'm going to have to put together my ultimate system, then see if I can afford it...

I do know I want a sub--the low end on these speakers suck with the cones rattling frequently, even with minimal bass, but if I can upgrade it maintaining the factory stereo (and UConnect) I wouldn't feel like I tossed $250 (or whatever the UConnect option came to, I forget) out the window, you know?

I'm going to check into both the RCA outputs on the factory radio and the intake prices on autoanything.com tomorrow....I've been real busy at work and with a massive church project, and haven't had a whole lot of time, but tomorrow afternoon is looking pretty open.