3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05 still stalling out, possible Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
STOCK!SC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 still stalling out, possible Lemon Law?

I'm still having issues with the truck stalling out on me at lights, it normally surges and bucks then dies but the other day it just died at a light without surging. I've taken this truck in 3-4 times for this and they can never find a problem and keep telling me no codes are showing. It's an 05 Quad Cab 4.7 non-HO, automatic, 24k miles on it. Just had to have the auto tranny pump filter or something to that effect replaced a few weeks ago. Truck basically wouldn't move unless I mashed the gas, it was like driving a manual. Do I have any lemon law options with this truck? This will be about the 4-5th time I'll be taking this thing in, my wife drives my 2 year old in this truck and we have another coming, I'm getting worried about her driving it, and she refuses to drive it anymore.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Default RE: 05 still stalling out, possible Lemon Law?

Visit http://www.lemonlawamerica.com and see what the Lemon Law rules are in your state. The site is sponsored by lawyers, but if you wade through all of their advertising crap you can find what you need.

I'm in PA and for it to be considered under lemon law it has to be either less than 12 months old or less than 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

See what things look like in your state.

Good luck.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM
STOCK!SC

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
STOCK!SC

Well this started a few months after I bought it so it was before 12k miles but still doing this at 24k. I think I took it into the dealership 3 times before 12k, maybe I might have something.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

Cool...as long as you have the service records showing just that, you might be in business then.

i'm not sure how they'll react because you waited an extra 12,000 miles, but it never hurts to try. last year i was in a similar situation...my previous truck was in and out of the shop with problems, but it started just after the warranty ended. i ended up getting rid of it (for my dakota) because it was gonna cost too much to repair and GMC wasn't going to be tool helpful in covering the costs. i was so far from being in lemon law, though, that i didn't even bother...i just traded it before things started going really bad.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
STOCK!SC

That's the thing though, I never waited to tell them about this, every oil change or any warranty work I always had them look at it, it is documented. In my opinion they don't even check past hooking up the scanner, no code, no issue. There aren't many mechanics anymore, just parts replacers.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

you're right about that one...we need more real, honest mechanics out there.

i guess i'm not the most experienced one with lemon law issues--i really can't answer your questions best and i'm genuinely unsure how Dodge'll respond being that you have 24K on it already...and that's just mostly because i've never dealt with it before. you might have a case, though, since you bring it up at every service and you have all your records, but i just don't know. i just know enough to know that my old truck didn't apply last year, so i stopped my research right there. i'm sure there's someone on here who knows, though, and they'll chime in...

Old 03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

I know you're frustrated SC, but have you had the plugs pulled and checked. The gap on my plugs were all over the place, with 24k on your's, wouldn't hurt to swap them out. My truck was idling rough and stalled a few times ,changing the plugs stopped that. They're easy to swap out here's a link on it for a 4.7in a Jeep. http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/sparkplugs.htm

Quick Reply: 05 still stalling out, possible Lemon Law?