3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Pricing Vs Growth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Titan12345
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pricing Vs Growth?

I went to the dealership to check the new Durango out. I am still on the fence. It seems you can get an average truck for low $30's but if you want creature comforts and fun tronics, you could push high $40's. Seats were comfortable, but I noticed a cheap fan switch for the AC fan. Seems like it will break easily. The big kicker is that when I asked the dealer about rebates, he said NONE. What!!! I just test drove the Explorer and Ford has $1000 plus a previous Explorer trade of $1500. And I think I like the looks of the Explorer over the Durango. What is Dodge thinking?
I think they need to invest in discounting the Durango so people will buy it and get it to the masses. I mean, I saw a new Citadel in my neighborhood, it piqued my interest enought to go to the dealership and then BAM. No real reason to take a chance on buying the third place automakers goods. Dodge needs to keep the plants running full tilt, that's how you grow the business. I would think they need to be a bit under the competitors price point to show America they can be a value.
T

Old 01-29-2011, 01:36 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The vehicles are not comparable really.

Front wheel drive verses rear wheel drive.
v6 only verses available HEMI.
Mega electronics verses traditional gauges.
The Taurus CAR frame verses the Jeep SUV frame.

With that said, everyone will continue to compare them.

Sounds like you are set on the Ford so no use really trying to talk you out of it. Factory rebates are used on vehicles that are selling slow. Not on vehicles that aren't. Apply that to who has a rebate and how much and you can translate how many of those vehicles are actually selling and however often.

Personally, I think the feature and punch list on the Exploder sucks. And that front grille is straight out of puke-euro design school.

IndyDurango

Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Titan12345
Professional

I agree the ford grille is euro, not really a fan. I forgot to add that even the Traverse had rebates. I guess the two larger companies other than Dodge thought it important to entice the buyer with rebates. It just seems logical that the number 3 would also entice, especially on a new design. I am surprised the dealer allowed me to leave without really trying to sell.
This economy is different today than it was when the dealer didn't have to cater to the customer. ( Chevy tried to do that when I bought my Camaro last year and I had to drive to Orlando to buy it to get a deal.)
Maybe they need to see the first response before they realize the country is looking for a value and since all three have something similar, many will shop on price.
T

Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 PM
bigred8080
Amateur

not trying to hijack the thread or anthing but ive looking to buy a citadel. ive been pricing them the last couple days and doesnt really seem like they want to come off the price to much. what do yall think? i mean this one place only came off 3k from 46,528 to 43,531....is it just me or do you think they could do better?

thanks

Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

When in doubt, start a new thread and do not hijack.

$43k for the Citadel **IS** a good deal. You get all of your free 36 month maintenance and an option for 72/0 on the financing too.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 AM
bigred8080
Amateur

i see, well thanks for the input...when i got them down to that price i was like ehh i think you can do better than that, just didnt seem like they were coming off that much...but i guess ill take your word for it. i have a couple more dealerships to call and then ill be going from there

thanks

Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
jdloyd01
Rookie

I ordered an R/T in late Feb (don't have it yet). When I was asking the dealer about the rebates, he told me that Dodge believes that the demand for the Durango will be good enough that the will not need rebates. He compared it to the Jeep GC or the Wrangler. Those have never had rebates.

You never know if the guy I was talking with knows this for a fact or is just guessing. He did attend the unavailing in Detroit and spent a day with the Dodge folks.

About coming down on prices, I got my R/T for invoice, which was about 4K off the sticker price.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:48 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

$800 rebate in Indiana right now on the D

IndyDurango

Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
DNAsiRNA
Default 1000 rebate

Although the dealer told me there is no rebate on Durango, finally I got 1000 rebate.

Originally Posted by Titan12345
I went to the dealership to check the new Durango out. I am still on the fence. It seems you can get an average truck for low $30's but if you want creature comforts and fun tronics, you could push high $40's. Seats were comfortable, but I noticed a cheap fan switch for the AC fan. Seems like it will break easily. The big kicker is that when I asked the dealer about rebates, he said NONE. What!!! I just test drove the Explorer and Ford has $1000 plus a previous Explorer trade of $1500. And I think I like the looks of the Explorer over the Durango. What is Dodge thinking?
I think they need to invest in discounting the Durango so people will buy it and get it to the masses. I mean, I saw a new Citadel in my neighborhood, it piqued my interest enought to go to the dealership and then BAM. No real reason to take a chance on buying the third place automakers goods. Dodge needs to keep the plants running full tilt, that's how you grow the business. I would think they need to be a bit under the competitors price point to show America they can be a value.
T

Quick Reply: Pricing Vs Growth?