Lights flashing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
bster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lights flashing

Hello
I have had my Citadel Awd now for 2 weeks and when I went to the car wash, I discovered that when I spray the door handle and mirror with water, my signals flash and the lights stay on for a minute, the key fob is in my pocket and the truck isnt locked. Seems odd that the lights would flash under this condition, but when I touch the door handle after unlocking the truck, the signals flash and the headlights stay on, same thing. Is this normal or is there a setting to change this?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 AM
DC3G
Amateur

What? hahaha that is strange. Tell me why suddenly my alarm went off in front of my driveway for no apparent reason??

Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Well the key fob in your pocket means that the car can sense your proximity and the water pressure may be high enough for the car to sense pressure on the handle; enough to activate the entry procedure which in your vehicle is obviously driver unlock, flash lights, and since you were in a presumably shaded wash bay, to activate the headlights. This behavior is no different than if you stood 15 feet away and hit the unlock button on the fob. Why would you find this odd?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM
DNAsiRNA

I think water spray may pass the stastic electricity to the door handle to form a circuit which triggers the signals.

Originally Posted by bster
Hello
I have had my Citadel Awd now for 2 weeks and when I went to the car wash, I discovered that when I spray the door handle and mirror with water, my signals flash and the lights stay on for a minute, the key fob is in my pocket and the truck isnt locked. Seems odd that the lights would flash under this condition, but when I touch the door handle after unlocking the truck, the signals flash and the headlights stay on, same thing. Is this normal or is there a setting to change this?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Quick Reply: Lights flashing