3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Fuel Economy Reset?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 AM
cbrrider012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Economy Reset?

Anyone with the 2011 Durango notice that their Fuel economy and average reset occasionally on their own? I have only had my truck for 4 days now and on a couple occasions have noticed when I get in the truck the AVG MPG is different then what it was when I got out. Everytime it has reset itself it has gone to 18.8 or 18.7 MPG and when I got out of the vehicle it has usually been atleast 20 MPG or better. Also I have noticed that when it resets the Menu in the middle of the dash goes back to the main menu screen instead of being on the Fuel Economy screen where I left and also that little things like the Fog Lights are no longer turned on when I turn the headlights on. Its like it resets these things to the default mode or something. Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Never happened to me. Sounds like there may be an issue with the body control module. The fog lights should always remain in their previous state and the center screen display should always remain where you left it. Sounds like it may be losing power at some point and resetting.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

Well I had the issue of the mediacenter turning off as well so I went and looked for the IOD Main Fuse under the hood. I found the IOD Main Fuse. It has a white sleeve around it in the fuze box. The fuse was not even pressed all the way down. Was kind of just sitting in the slots. Hope that fixes my issues!

Quick Reply: Fuel Economy Reset?