3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I am totally lost

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011 | 05:46 PM
DNAsiRNA
|
Default I am totally lost

Almoust hit a pickup today. I bought some fastfood and just drove away from parking. I was starving to death and started eating immediately, but didn't notice a pickup reversing from parking ahead of me. When I heard urgent beeping from my Durango I quickly gave a heavy brake. A pickup was just about 1or 2 inches head of me. My God. No accident.

When I began to be calm, I was confused about that urgent beeping. The sound was definitely from my SUV, but I know there is no collision alarm and no any senser at front part. I checked out the specifications of Durango Crew, no such kind of figuration.

Something wrong with me? or I got some magic stuff? Mine is Durango Crew 2011 with Nav and Tow package.

Anyone can explain it?

Old 05-24-2011 | 06:09 PM
dsolis

I dont think its the "Accident Avoidance" option which I assume is only enabled if you have CC enabled. Weird. Maybe it was your spidey sense.

Old 05-24-2011 | 06:47 PM
hooty1919

Do you have the adaptive cruise control? I think I remember reading somewhere that if you are approaching something at a fast pace it will make an audible chime. I don't think cruise control has to be on for this to work, it's always enabled.

Old 05-24-2011 | 08:46 PM
DNAsiRNA
|

I don't have the adaptive cruise control. That's for sure. But I don't know if the sensor is default for all of Durango.

Originally Posted by hooty1919
Do you have the adaptive cruise control? I think I remember reading somewhere that if you are approaching something at a fast pace it will make an audible chime. I don't think cruise control has to be on for this to work, it's always enabled.

Old 05-25-2011 | 05:37 AM
coldsteel
Captain

The rapid, chiming/beeping is the Forward Collision Warning. But if you only have the Crew, I don't think you should.

Do you have the black, round radar transceiver in the lower grille area? If you do then I'm not sure how your vehicle is optioned; if you don't then perhaps the FCW is in your head?

Old 05-26-2011 | 10:24 AM
DNAsiRNA
|

It seems I do have the FCW in my head. That's just awesome.

Originally Posted by coldsteel
The rapid, chiming/beeping is the Forward Collision Warning. But if you only have the Crew, I don't think you should.

Do you have the black, round radar transceiver in the lower grille area? If you do then I'm not sure how your vehicle is optioned; if you don't then perhaps the FCW is in your head?

Quick Reply: I am totally lost