3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

sun roof

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:37 PM
alishair@pepsioman.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sun roof

i just bought new 2011 DD Crew Lux and as I was trying the car. i opened the sunroof, and after closing it i discovered that the roof is not closing all the way. I tried all positions but with no luck, when driving down the street at 45 MPH, i could hear the wind through the roof,

i was just wondering in any has experiened the same, and if so what was the solution.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM
alishair@pepsioman.com

i discovered today that the mechanism of the sunroof is faulty and needs to be replaced, so ia have demanded the dealer to replace the car, as i am in no position to accept a new car having the roof lining being removed, as they will never place it back like the factory,

I guess i am in for a tough fight. These people actully did not do the PDI as a standard procedure and i will not be the victim of such ignorance,

Old 07-30-2011, 02:07 PM
JRRF
Captain

If they know what they are doing you'll never realize the headliner was taken down. This is not like in the old days. Having said that, you'll never get a new car out of them, and you have little to no legal recourse to do so. I would let them make the repair and then see the results. If you don't like it, hand it back over and make them do it again. You should have a loaner from them in the mean time.

Good luck.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:09 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 JRRF

IndyDurango

Old 07-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alishair@pepsioman.com
i discovered today that the mechanism of the sunroof is faulty and needs to be replaced, so ia have demanded the dealer to replace the car, as i am in no position to accept a new car having the roof lining being removed, as they will never place it back like the factory,

I guess i am in for a tough fight. These people actully did not do the PDI as a standard procedure and i will not be the victim of such ignorance,

a new carName:  Rofl_3e.gif
Views: 15
Size:  12.7 KB

Quick Reply: sun roof