3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Album Artwork Not Displaying

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
cbrrider012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Album Artwork Not Displaying

I may be doing it wrong or missing a step I do not know. But if someone can help me out and kind of guide me through the process maybe I will stop missing crucial steps or whatever I am doing that is not letting it work...

I am adding songs onto my Hard Drive using the CDs that I burned from Itunes. On Itunes the songs have all the album artwork with them but when I add it into a playlist and try to rip it onto a cd it kind of disappears and then never shows up on the screen in the Durango when it is playing... Can anyone help me with this? All I want is for the Album Artwork to be displayed when the song is playing... Thanks for the help!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

I'm puzzled with this too....coz' I have songs that shows the artwork and some don't.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:20 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

I cant get any artwork to show... How did you copy them onto the disc from your computer? I have used iTunes but I am getting irritated because it is not copying the artwork. Which frustrates me because it copies it over to my iphone when I set it up... I dont know...

Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Ghostwriter

Try to save the cover art into the mp3 file on your computer.
I personally use the freeware MP3TAG (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html) to do this and use a usb stick to copy them to the MyGIG HDD.

In my case, this works like a charm

(Maybe you've to update Gracenote, if you copy directly from newer CD's)

Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 AM
JRRF
Captain

I have the same problem. The artwork shows up while I'm ripping the songs, and it shows up if I put the CD directly in the car, but not once the song is on the HD. Gracenote is definitely on the car, but ........

Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
cneidle

I must be missing something really simple, maybe someone can help. I can not see album art work from any media. I have tried my ipod 3rd generation, iPhone 4, Original CD and a USB encoded from mp3tag.com. I tried playing from the source ie CD in the deck and importing to HDD, I have yet to see any art on any song. I must have 500 songs. Does the picture auto show up or is there a setting somewhere that I need to set?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
TonyCrew
Professional

i've seen it both ways and no rhyme or reason either...

Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Kent Layton

Mine is better yet. I'm ripping my CD's directly to the hard drive (430N). It brings up the artwork automatically. However, it brings up the artwork for other discs I own and have already ripped, not the correct one that I'm listening to. What is up with that...?!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 AM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, my daughters song "Friday" Glee version of the infamous Rebecca Black song brings up the movie Friday with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker for artwork. Irritating but laughable At least the music plays so I just wrote it off....

Quick Reply: Album Artwork Not Displaying