3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Parking Brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Brake

I read somewhere that the parking brake will give an audible warning if you drive off with it on. I see the light blink if I leave it on, but no audible warning. Does anyone have the audible warning, and how did you turn it on?

Unfortunately this is a big problem for me since my last car released the brake automatically when you hit the gas

Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 AM
JRRF
Captain

From the manual on the CD:
" If vehicle speed is detected, a chime will sound to alert the driver."

I've never heard it....

Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Leman
Rookie

Suggestion. put the foot brake on by pushing all the way down to the stop. You wont be going anywhere quickly that way and have a better chance of noticing it :-)

Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by Leman
Suggestion. put the foot brake on by pushing all the way down to the stop. You wont be going anywhere quickly that way and have a better chance of noticing it :-)
I think I've already ruined my brake by driving off with it too many times :-( -- likely needs to be re-adjusted at my next service -- because even at full application it doesn't hold that well anymore.

As for the beep, I did some testing today and it turns out it does beep, but just once, and pretty softly, and at the same tone as the rear park assist, so if you are backing out you would never even notice it.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake