3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New Weathertech Floor liners installed with **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Frohoss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibson74
Yes I have a 2012 citadel with 2nd row captains chairs. I bought the full set of weathertechs. When I bought a few months ago, weather tech knew nothing of the rear captains chairs, so of they didn't provide an option or warn about it on their site. When I received the mats, the fronts fit beautifully but the second row mat had trouble laying down over the hump in the middle. I called weather tech and told them I would be sending it back and that they needed to design a mat to be compatible for the captains chairs. In the end I decided to keep the 2nd row mat they have and cut myself to fit. It really just needed about 1/2" trimmed from the rear hump edge to get past the captain chair frames so it would lay down correctly on the hump.

It really is an easy trim to make the rear mats work with the captains chairs. Just take your time. I maybe cut off a curved strip 1/2" by 4" on either side of hump. It was better than waiting for weather tech to do the same or not have any 2nd row mat at all.

PS - I have the floor console (cup holders on the floor) in-between my captains.

HTH

Thanks Gibson, you gave me the answer I was looking for!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Scalpel

Just checked on the Weather Tech Website and they now have all 3 rows available. A bit on the pricey side.

FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®
Complete Set (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Row)
Dodge 2012 Durango
Your Vehicle Options

Vehicle Options
  • 2nd Row Seating Type: Bench seating
Black

QTY 1
$249.85

Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might need to grab a set for the winter!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Siggy

When you select 2013, they don't offer a protection package. The only available options are front and middle, no rear. Also the middle are not one piece but two individual. I was thinking of calling them to find out. Anyone have any idea why the 2012 and 2013 would be so different in the middle and rear?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

They are most likely different because you can get Captains Chairs now, but i dont know if thats true or not

Old 10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Siggy

They ask if your rear seating is bench or bucket. With the 2013 no matter what option you choose they still only offer the seperate rear mats.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
SadaraS
Professional

Originally Posted by Scalpel
Just checked on the Weather Tech Website and they now have all 3 rows available. A bit on the pricey side.

FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®
Complete Set (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Row)
Dodge 2012 Durango
Your Vehicle Options

Vehicle Options
  • 2nd Row Seating Type: Bench seating
Black

QTY 1
$249.85
I went over and had a look at the weather tech third row seat and I have to admit, I'm glad I went with the Husky version for the third row seat. Here's my setup: Driver, Passenger and 2nd Row are WeatherTech liners, third row is Husky liner.

The Husky liner for the 3rd row goes all the way UNDER the 2nd row seats. I like that MUCH better, makes sure that all the carpet is covered and protected. I have pictures on this thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ky-liners.html

Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Siggy

I like that setup. Thought at first it was overkill but the more I'm thinking about how kids killed the interior on my last truck the more I like it. I really like the canvasback liner. That with a similar floor mat set up may be my first interior Mod. I may have to see if I can modify the single middle row mat because I have rear captains. I like the one piece and I think I can make it work.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Rufio123
Rookie

Still no love for those of us with 2nd row captains and 3rd row seats. Both weathertech and husky 3rd row mats are for durangos woth 2nd row bench. With winter coming, I'm hoping somebody releases a 3rd row mat for us soon.

Let us know how that works Siggy. I may have to follow your lead.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
bluebastion
Professional

Originally Posted by Rufio123
With winter coming, I'm hoping somebody releases a 3rd row mat for us soon.

I agree... I need 3rd row protection from the Wildlings and the White Walkers.....

Quick Reply: New Weathertech Floor liners installed with **PICS**