https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...m-already.html

Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
bportman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stymiedny
seems to be a known problem. check this thread

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...m-already.html

Yeah I checked this thread out, my issue is not hen driving but when I'm actually just sitting at a redlight or when car is park just sitting.

Last night I drove it for about 10 mins and after it seemed to calm down a lot so I think it really could be the "HEMI" power that I'm just not used. It's my first V8!!!

I'm going on a road trip this weekend 600 mi total if its still there when I get back taking it to the dealership.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Leman
Rookie

I have a Corvette Z06 and a DD Hemi, neither shake. Definitely a dealer visit needed.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 AM
bportman
Professional

Just an update:

Started car today had a engine light on, stopped by dealer and cylinder number 2 was misfiring. Apparently some of the crap the detail use on cleaning the engine can get on the sensors or plugs or something along those lines. After cleaning all that junk off and resetting all was good.

You guys were right about the eco mode. Apparently where your stopped or in park your car is operating at 4 cyl and at hwy speeds like the other post its possible to get the shakes but all is normal according to dealer.

Service dept made me happy I bought a Dodge showed up unannounced told them the situation and had my car issue corrected by the manager personally within 20 mins.

Thanks for the help, I hope to be a contributor to the forum in the future!

Old 09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
bportman
Professional

Just an update:

Started car today had a engine light on, stopped by dealer and cylinder number 2 was misfiring. Apparently some of the crap the detail use on cleaning the engine can get on the sensors or plugs or something along those lines. After cleaning all that junk off and resetting all was good.

You guys were right about the eco mode. Apparently where your stopped or in park your car is operating at 4 cyl and at hwy speeds like the other post its possible to get the shakes but all is normal according to dealer.

Service dept made me happy I bought a Dodge showed up unannounced told them the situation and had my car issue corrected by the manager personally within 20 mins.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:14 AM
bportman
Professional

Just an update:

Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
bportman
Professional

Just an update:

Old 09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

It sounds like you have a good dealership to work with, since they took care of it immediately without an appointment.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Great to hear the issue on your D was fixed!

Quick Reply: HELP new owner!!!