3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Very interested in a new Durango....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011 | 08:27 PM
moregrip
|
Default Very interested in a new Durango....

I test drove an R/T last weekend and was very impressed with the drive.

With that said I think there's a few things I'd like to address if/when I purchase one....

1. Power-there seems to be alot of torque management tuned into this vehicle and while there is plenty of power it's not quite at the level I'd like it to be so I think one of the first things I'd address is getting a supercharger on it with a good tune.

2. Stance/Look-The wheel/tire combo is nice but I think I'd definitely like something more on the sporty side in either a 20 or 22 inch wheel/tire combo. At that point I'd like to re-evaluate the stance of the R/T model but my gut tells me it's sitting right about where it should be straight from the factory.

3. Sound-Gotta get that exhaust opened up to better hear the motor doing its thing.

I know I'm new here and traffic seems slower than other forums I participate in but I'm really just looking for some basic info on the new Durango and whatever experiences or advice you all have!

Old 08-31-2011 | 08:59 PM
fincher
Professional

While I do not have the Hemi, I find the engine note on the V6 to be great. The 20" wheels looks great, too. We're very pleased with our Citadel.

I think traffic is slow because it's a new model and because from my take, issues have been few for a new model.

Love the fact Dodge has a rep on the forum. The VW forums I visit do not have a VW rep.

Old 08-31-2011 | 09:01 PM
moregrip
|

Originally Posted by fincher
While I do not have the Hemi, I find the engine note on the V6 to be great. The 20" wheels looks great, too. We're very pleased with our Citadel.

I think traffic is slow because it's a new model and because from my take, issues have been few for a new model.

Love the fact Dodge has a rep on the forum. The VW forums I visit do not have a VW rep.
Thanks for the reply! you got the better looking wheels IMO!

Old 08-31-2011 | 09:17 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo

Go to www.inertiamotorsports.com for their ported heads before you jump into a supercharger that no one currently makes for this generation. www.shophemi.com has to some cool conversions from the 5.7 to 6.1,
FF

Old 08-31-2011 | 11:03 PM
DurangoRT11

I too got a 2011 R/T and love the stance, look and exhaust note. I personally don't want to mess with any of the above but the thought of adding a supercharger has been on my mind since day one. If anyone comes up with any solutions or kit options they find out there please share.

Old 08-31-2011 | 11:07 PM
TonyCrew
Professional

not to deter you from buying one now but...... when dodge gets the 8 or 9 speed auto in these (8 speeds are within a year or so) you will see a huge difference in performance out of the same engine with the same output. night and day. I am sure Magnacharger is already working on one (i'll ask) plus you have procharger, vortech and more that will either follow suit or get their first.

Old 08-31-2011 | 11:16 PM
durango007

r/t owner here, too. This is my first American owned vehicle, and so far I like it. I have contacted Whipple Supercharger and they are working on the Hemi supercharger now, and the Durango in 6 to 8 wks after. That is certainly on my list. Still waiting on Borla with their exhaust. I like the look of the stock 20s, but wish it was a lil wider.....so far so good, hopefully its mechanically sound *fingers crossed*

Old 09-01-2011 | 02:13 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by moregrip
I test drove an R/T last weekend and was very impressed with the drive.

With that said I think there's a few things I'd like to address if/when I purchase one....

1. Power-there seems to be alot of torque management tuned into this vehicle and while there is plenty of power it's not quite at the level I'd like it to be so I think one of the first things I'd address is getting a supercharger on it with a good tune.

2. Stance/Look-The wheel/tire combo is nice but I think I'd definitely like something more on the sporty side in either a 20 or 22 inch wheel/tire combo. At that point I'd like to re-evaluate the stance of the R/T model but my gut tells me it's sitting right about where it should be straight from the factory.

3. Sound-Gotta get that exhaust opened up to better hear the motor doing its thing.

I know I'm new here and traffic seems slower than other forums I participate in but I'm really just looking for some basic info on the new Durango and whatever experiences or advice you all have!
More,

If your looking for basic information I suggest going to Dodge.com and selecting the build your own function to see exactly what options you can get with what packages direct from the factory. Make sure you select 2012 as some option packages may have changed. Further, Mopar.com can supply you with what performance and cosmetic accessories Chrysler offers on the Durango's.

As far as how others have modified their Durango's and what aftermarket accessories they have used I think you have come to the right place....

Old 09-01-2011 | 02:44 PM
moregrip
|

Originally Posted by TonyCrew
not to deter you from buying one now but...... when dodge gets the 8 or 9 speed auto in these (8 speeds are within a year or so) you will see a huge difference in performance out of the same engine with the same output. night and day. I am sure Magnacharger is already working on one (i'll ask) plus you have procharger, vortech and more that will either follow suit or get their first.
Thanks for the response brother! I'm not turned off by the 5spd auto currently available at all.....especially with my intent of adding a positive displacement supercharger on the motor.....I'm more concerned with the durability of the transmission when subjected to the increased power/torque......it seems the current 5spd auto is a rather durable piece, from what I've read anyway, and has some decent support for building a stronger unit when a problem arrises.

Old 09-01-2011 | 02:44 PM
moregrip
|

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
Go to www.inertiamotorsports.com for their ported heads before you jump into a supercharger that no one currently makes for this generation. www.shophemi.com has to some cool conversions from the 5.7 to 6.1,
FF
thanks for the link

Quick Reply: Very interested in a new Durango....