3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Rattling Noise Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 AM
bigwaltsdurango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont use the glasses holder, but I did notice that the trim part that covers the B-pillar was loose, I saw that there were two loose tabs that are suppose to go inside another piece of trim. I used a flat head screwdriver and put it in its place. The sound still continues, but now it is more quite, so it is coming from that side and that area. I am taking it to a dealer in another county on Monday. I hope that there they can find the rattle and fix it.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
jtorral
Amateur

my rattle seems to come from the steering area. it kicks in at around 50 mph for 2 seconds then goes away. Drives me nut because I don't get enough time to isolate it.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
TampaBrett

Originally Posted by jtorral
my rattle seems to come from the steering area. it kicks in at around 50 mph for 2 seconds then goes away. Drives me nut because I don't get enough time to isolate it.
Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same issue but also am having trouble isolating it

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
pgwarrior
Smile

Just took my vehicle into the dealer. They initially advised that it was the license plate holder. I got my hard tags and the noise was still there. They put the vehicle on a lift and low and behold.......the "resonator" came apart and it was the exhaust system.

Waiting for the new exhaust system to come in to replace---guess the hemi was a little too much.

Warrior

Quick Reply: Rattling Noise Issues