3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Rattling Noise Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM
bigwaltsdurango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling Noise Issues

I have had my Durango for two weeks now, and I am starting to notice a lot of rattling noises coming from the passanger side grab handle, or where the seat belt is located. Has anyone else been experiancing simmilar noises?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM
ZCR1
Professional

You might want to check the rear view mirror mount surround. I chased a rattle for a few weeks, thinking it was a loose vent or something inside the passenger side of the dash. I even took a tech from the dealership for a ride to help figure it out. I finally left it with them for a day, they found that the plastic mount surround on the mirror was rattling and installed some foam tape to fix it. I haven’t had a rattle since. There are definitely some strange acoustic properties in there.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
buddafafa

Originally Posted by bigwaltsdurango
I have had my Durango for two weeks now, and I am starting to notice a lot of rattling noises coming from the passanger side grab handle, or where the seat belt is located. Has anyone else been experiancing simmilar noises?
i have something similar on the driver's side. thought it was the seat belt fixture at first, but i think its where the B pillar and ceiling meet. if i stick my fingers in between the two (pretty tight, not pleasant), the noise goes away.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM
bigwaltsdurango

I checked the Rearview Mirror and everything seems to be on there tight, I also looked at the B pillar, I put a towel where the seat belt moves up and down, and the sound was minimized, but not gone, I took off the passanger grab handle and the noise still presisted. I made an appointment with my dodge dealer to see if they can figure out the noise and get it fixed.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 AM
buddafafa

please keep me informed on if/how they fix it. thanks.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
bigwaltsdurango

Took to the dealer today, they said they could not replicate the sound, so they could not do anything about it, took the manager on a ride, I heard the sound, manager said he did not hear anything; he told me, I can leave it overnight so they can test it throughout the day. He said that even if they do hear the sound it will be hard to find out where it is coming from and even then they will not be able to fix it if the cannot see it.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
TonyCrew
Professional

Took to the dealer today, they said they could not replicate the sound, so they could not do anything about it, took the manager on a ride, I heard the sound, manager said he did not hear anything; he told me, I can leave it overnight so they can test it throughout the day. He said that even if they do hear the sound it will be hard to find out where it is coming from and even then they will not be able to fix it if the cannot see it.
find another dealer.. that one is already "defeated".

Old 09-30-2011, 10:41 PM
kruzin55

I have the same problem. Mine is two weeks old 1100 miles. The rattle is high pitched and seems to be driven from normal road vibration. Moving the seat belt, seat, handle and pushing on the plastic does not stop the noise. Seems to be coming from inside the pillar. I would appreciate any other ideas.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 AM
durango007

Try another dealership since this manager cannot fix the sound problem if he "can't see it".......I wanna see sounds too...LOL.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 AM
baum
Professional

I agree different dealer. ofcourse the cant hear it they dont want to waste their time trying to isolate a rattle unless its clear as day.

i was going to ad in if you use the glasses holder mine rattles a little depending on the glasses.

Quick Reply: Rattling Noise Issues