3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Dodge Durango 2011 (OFF-ROAD)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
matrk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdn_tbird
Why are you so hung up about needing to see a video? Do you honestly believe that the Motor Trend video showing Ford testing the Explorer in Dubai you linked was done as a single shot? How many times do you think the got stuck starting/stopping while they were there? How much footage was cut out to make that 4min video clip? You even said it, all cars can get stuck. Dodge isn't marketing the D as a full bred 4x4, even with the Hemi & selectable drive it is still limited by it's approach/depart angles and ground clearance, If you're this concerned about there being no videos of a D running through sand dunes driven by a professional driver, then maybe the D isn't the SUV for you.

I need see video to know the Performance and all information. Dodge web site just talk about it but didn’t give any video to see how it work or what u do in case of. That’s I need to see it.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
ZCR1
Professional

I think this is maybe be joke?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

If you want a durango with good off-road ability, get a 1st gen IMO.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM
ZCR1
Professional

Just because a vehicle has a low range doesn’t mean it was put there for off road use. Just ask anyone who has pulled a 5K lb boat out of the water up a steep, wet ramp. Yes, the D can do this without low range, but using low range offers more control and less stress and heat buildup in the trans.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the new D really wasnt meant as an off-road vehicle, and there are not going to be any professional driver videos of it off-road for the reasons stated above, chrysler would be creating competition with the jeep grand cherokee if they did that. If you want off-road capability get a jeep grand cherokee.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't you see how the font changes in his posts from cut and pastes from elsewhere?

Of course this is a joke. The Explorer is a CAR frame. Neither are designed for off road, as stated that is the Jeep territory.

From here, IBTL.

Name:  3n93k53o2ZZZZZZZZZ924c26162.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  19.9 KB

Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 AM
matrk

U doesn’t understand me. I need to know what Durango can do in off road.
Originally Posted by ZCR1
Just because a vehicle has a low range doesn’t mean it was put there for off road use. Just ask anyone who has pulled a 5K lb boat out of the water up a steep, wet ramp. Yes, the D can do this without low range, but using low range offers more control and less stress and heat buildup in the trans.
---------------
The grand have 5 passenger and D have 7 passengers
Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
the new D really wasnt meant as an off-road vehicle, and there are not going to be any professional driver videos of it off-road for the reasons stated above, chrysler would be creating competition with the jeep grand cherokee if they did that. If you want off-road capability get a jeep grand cherokee.

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Can't you see how the font changes in his posts from cut and pastes from elsewhere?
Originally Posted by IndyDurango

Of course this is a joke. The Explorer is a CAR frame. Neither are designed for off road, as stated that is the Jeep territory.

From here, IBTL.
I understand from your words the FORD EXPLORER IS THE BEST because:
*The ford explorer beats Grand Cherokee in the number of seats (7 passengers >> this’s what I want.)
*The ford explorer bests Durango in multi uses (Bec there is no evidence to D)

??!
??!
??!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:17 AM
TonyCrew
Professional

the explorer is a jacked up FWD taurus. end of discussion. the D3 is the only RWD three row SUV south of the full sized GM/Ford/MB, etc. and btw it blows those vehicles away for mpgs and styling (imo) and that's me coming from a '10 Yukon Denali...bye bye now.

Quick Reply: Dodge Durango 2011 (OFF-ROAD)