3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

skid plate pics/info

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
ZCR1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fit comes with the proper mounts that allow the hook to slide back if you bump something like the factory ones, I say go for it. I had an accident last year where I t-boned an Escape. The driver’s side hook got pushed back about a half inch with no frame damage; the body shop just loosened and reset it back in place. (The anchor bolt of the hook is about 8” long.)

Old 05-22-2012, 01:18 AM
12hemiawdcitidale
Professional

That's what I'm starting to see, the Mopar ones hooks are much longer, where as the warn hooks are cheaper but they bolt on directly to the bumper with 2 bolts.

It looks like its probably worth the extra money to stick with the Mopar hooks, now especially with the slide back, is that really a feature of the Mopar hooks? I wonder if the town rating is the same, I know its just numbers and both of them will do the job to get pulled out a stuck situation.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
ZCR1
Professional

Originally Posted by 12hemiawdcitidale
It looks like its probably worth the extra money to stick with the Mopar hooks, now especially with the slide back, is that really a feature of the Mopar hooks?
Yes, if you look closely at my pic you’ll see that the two fwd bolt holes are open on the front and there is a large nut on the rear of the anchor. This gives three hard points for pulling and all three are open in front for impact - a good design.

Quick Reply: skid plate pics/info