3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Newbie & hopeful future Durango owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 PM
sbmG8GT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie & hopeful future Durango owner

Well I decided to sign up and check out what is going on and keep and eye on Durango related news. We currently have a '04 Tahoe that we will hopefully be selling and replacing with a Durango. We have been searching for a good replacement SUV and after researching many this seems like the best fit. Looked at Acadia's, the new Explorer, new Tahoe's etc and everything was either underpowered or overpriced.

Planning on probably waiting for the 8-speed though, can't make a move right now and it seems like the tranny is the weak point of the SUV so far. Hopefully with the 5.7 and 8-speed tranny the aftermarket gets in gear! I can't stand a stock vehicle! Plans will probably be basic, intake/exhaust/tune/lowered.

My other vehicle right now is a Pontiac G8 GT which is of course not stock as well! Just picked it up this past summer which is why we need to wait a bit on the Durango as well. We have 3 kids and while they do all fit in the G8 a larger vehicle is still important and I want to make sure it has some performance as well

Quick Reply: Newbie & hopeful future Durango owner