3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Prospective Buyer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012 | 11:58 PM
JJPonzini
Amateur

I like the chromed plastic wheel covers. My last two vehicles with aluminum wheels had corrosion issues. I'm hoping these stay good looking longer.

Old 01-29-2012 | 02:44 PM
OrlandoDurango
|
Amateur
Default Orlando Greenway Dodge, horrible internet sales workflow

Greenway Dodge... it is a huge partnership (along with Duval Ford, Greenway Ford, McInerney Ford, Key Buick, and Royal Buick)

My problems revolved around their internet sales workflow and just doofus management/workers... I scheduled a test drive for a specific vin online, didn't hear anything back for a week. Tried again using online chat, didn't hear anything back for another week.

Contacted Conrad Letson (the GM) with my concerns about not being able to schedule a test drive for VIN xyx and a sales person called me within an hour to schedule something. Sales person said he would be there the next day, at a specified hour, with the car fueled and ready to go. When I got there, the sales person wasn't there that day nor was the car... it turns out that the GM had been using that car as his private demo car since new and they didn't want to sell it to me. The story doesn't end there, it ends with a dirty sock and dog poop stains on the car when I finally got to test drive it.

The whole experience was quite odd as I've found new car internet-sales workflow to be quite straight-forward with my past car purchases (gm, nissan)... we're from the internet, we know what we want, how much it is worth, and how to negotiate... but (in this instance) Greenway managed to mess up every possible step of the way.

Originally Posted by wildspeed
Napleton by any chance....

Last edited by OrlandoDurango; 01-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2012 | 03:29 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by OrlandoDurango
I find the citadel trim to be very nice except for the plastic wheel covers... why on earth did they do that to such a premium-price vehicle?
"Premium-price"??? I guess you haven't shopped to many premium SUVs ;-)

The V8 is sluggish no matter how you slice it. Much of that is due to the transmission, and will likely get better once they drop a new unit in there.

Vented seats are designed to wick sweat off your backside, not dry your clothes :-)

Old 02-01-2012 | 09:28 AM
OrlandoDurango
|
Amateur
Default Oil change / Battery replacement

A couple of maintenance questions:

1.) Is it fairly easy to access the oil pan drain and filter for diy oil changes?

2.) I understand the battery is under the passenger seat but what happens when the battery dies and your power seats don't work anymore... does it have a manual disengage?

Old 02-01-2012 | 09:08 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

Originally Posted by OrlandoDurango
A couple of maintenance questions:

2.) I understand the battery is under the passenger seat but what happens when the battery dies and your power seats don't work anymore... does it have a manual disengage?
There are remote locations under the hood to assist in jump starting. They are clearly labeled and are red and black just like battery terminals. No need to access the battery under the seat for years.

Just be prepared in year 3, 4 or 5 and buy a new battery before your old one at that time leaves you stranded.

IndyDurango

Last edited by IndyDurango; 02-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2012 | 10:07 PM
OrlandoDurango
|
Amateur

Batteries fail when they fail.

Back to my question, is there any manual way to move the passenger seat if the battery is dead?

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
There are remote locations under the hood to assist in jump starting. They are clearly labeled and are red and black just like battery terminals. No need to access the battery under the seat for years.

Just be prepared in year 3, 4 or 5 and by a new battery before your old one at that time leaves you stranded.

IndyDurango

Last edited by OrlandoDurango; 02-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2012 | 10:51 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

Invest in a good socket set and you'll be fine.

But seriously, just use the front fold away feature to move the seat back and down out of the way.

IndyD

Last edited by IndyDurango; 02-01-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2012 | 09:27 AM
SoFla RT

I did an oil change on my Durango a few weeks ago. Simple, straightforward, nothing tricky. Pretty easy oil filter location.

Old 02-02-2012 | 11:29 AM
OrlandoDurango
|
Amateur

Thank you all for the great info!

I found another dealer that has been a bit more responsive on the internet-sales front so I might head out there tomorrow to check things out.

Old 02-02-2012 | 12:34 PM
midget-farms
Professional

We like our D.

The truck is heavy & not a sports car so response time 0-30 is not really an issue. who are you drag racing?

The oil changes are included in the price (with the extended warranty) so I dont care how hard it is to get to the drain plug.

The Citadel fully loaded was right at the same cost as the V6 GMC base model. If you want a premium price vehicle look at a BMW or Volvo. Then check back on the Dodge.

So far we are very happy with it - I just installed the hitch myself last night in about 20 minutes. Couldn't be happier.

My only complaint so far was the humiliation I got from the dealer when the heater hose leaked the day I bought it.

They were good about it & fixed it right - but they gave me a damn used chevy to drive. Nothing like telling everyone you bought a new dodge & have to show them a used chevy 'cuz your in the shop on day 2.

Quick Reply: 2012 Prospective Buyer Questions