3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New Owner -Hello + 730N question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Jpo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bster
What issues have you been having with the seat elements. Curious as I have had mine in 5 times for possibly the same thing. Had elements replaced and was told that the "poor performance" of the heated seats is a design flaw and the low setting is actually nothing and high is barely noticeable, but thats the way it is. Hard to believe, wondering if others are having similar issues.
Ours would heat up noticeably so from that perspective they worked just fine. However, after about 5-10 mins, they would turn off by themselves. If you went to turn it on again they would immediately turn off again. Shutting off the car would temporarily reset this and they would work again for a few mins then shut off. The dealer has ordered new heater pads as a fix.

The manual states that, if set to high, they should stay on high for 55 mins and then switch to low for 45 mins before shutting off.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
bster
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jpo
Ours would heat up noticeably so from that perspective they worked just fine. However, after about 5-10 mins, they would turn off by themselves. If you went to turn it on again they would immediately turn off again. Shutting off the car would temporarily reset this and they would work again for a few mins then shut off. The dealer has ordered new heater pads as a fix.

The manual states that, if set to high, they should stay on high for 55 mins and then switch to low for 45 mins before shutting off.
My dealer mentioned that others were having similar problems as you. They said that they replaced the control unit and were able to resolve that issue. Mine were not shutting off but with the ventilated seat option, there is an air bag, so to speak, on the underside of the seat material for the fan to blow through. The heat element is under this air bag thus giving some separation and with no direct contact with the seat, the heat doesn't transmit the same as seats without the ventilation option. They had quite a few with your problem but none with mine which is why I was curious. They also had to order 4 seat elements before they got the right ones in. Hopefully you have better luck than me.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Jpo
Amateur

Thought I'd update this as I hate hanging "what's up with my car" threads. Anyway it turns out the fan/harddrive noise from my radio was deemed excessive and was replaced under warranty and is now whisper quiet.

As for the seats, they replaced the heater elements and sadly this did not fix the issue and the seats still shut off after about 10 mins and wont turn back on so back in it goes.

JPO

Old 04-23-2012, 04:59 AM
rdkind62
Professional

Good to hear they took care of the fan noise, but now you still have an open thread to keep us updated on the seats.

Quick Reply: New Owner -Hello + 730N question