3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Help - Need advise before signing purchase deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Fortuna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Need advise before signing purchase deal

Greetings from sunny Puerto Rico...

Got a 2011 V8 crew with the 5-sp transmission and only 13K miles at home since Friday evening. The vehicle is stunning to say the least, but I'm experiencing some issues I think.

While driving on the HWY this weekend, on several occasions i noticed that the car would missfire when I only slightly step on the gas. It doesn't happen when i put my foot down in a more aggressive way, but only when I just want to feed enough fuel to stay at speed. It's something really subtle, but noticeable to me. Perhaps is the transmission or the fuel injection, but I can't tell.

Has anyone heard about this or experienced it on 2011's? Is this the reason why they changed the transmission for 2012? I found only one similar story at a consumer reviews site (http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/durango...ewId=537798165) but the person gave no further details other than the Dodge people told him that it was normal due to the fuel-saving characteristics of the car, which makes no sense, and that he just got rid of the Durango at a loss.

Please offer your thoughts or opinion. I must go to dealer today to sign on the deal so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Fortuna; 03-19-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the v-8 it is normal. It is the MDS kicking in and out. It takes a bit to get used to and can feel very odd at times but it is normal. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Quick Reply: Help - Need advise before signing purchase deal