3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Gas prices and the Durango?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Taurkon
... stop eating beef (largest producer of methane) ...
yes it is, thats why im doing my part to reduce the problem, im enjoying my steak!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
safford197
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I've only had to fill up once since when I bought the vehicle I made them promise to give me two tanks of gas, haha! Along with synthetic oil change and a year at the local car wash.

Anyway, for my first tank I averaged 14.5 MPGs according to the computer. That was purely city driving with an average speed of ~24 MPH. On my second tank I filled up with Shell premium gas but that didn't help my MPGs at all. I went back to the dealer and got my third tank for free with cheap dealer gas but installed a Volant cold air intake and am at 15.2 MPGs as of today.

I love the size of the Durango, I'm 6' and >250lbs so I need the space. I've tried a fuel efficient car - hated every crampt minute. I've tried a CUV with a 4cyl, hated every minute of getting passed on the HWY. When I fill up the Durango I feel like it's worth every penny! With that said, my commute to work is only 5.1 miles - with a break for lunch I average less then 15 miles a day.

Quick Reply: Gas prices and the Durango?