3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Black Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:40 AM
GDM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Interior

Just a comment here regarding the cloth black interior color I have in my '11 DD Crew. Never again. This is a high maintanence interior color, especially when one uses sun screen for boating or beach activities as we frequently do. I have to 'get after' the cloth surfaces AND the no cloth surfaces (arm rests, door panels) regularly where we touch/contact these surfaces when using sun screen in paticular. I can see the white residue left behind. It does clean up, but is a constant maintenance issue I did not really think about when buying that vehicle.

Plus it does show the lint, dust, etc, that vehicle interiors are subject to with normal use more so than say a tan interior would, which by itself would not be that big of deal. Yes, it does clean up, but does require more time and attention in case one is thinking about a black interior vs something else.

I am still enjoying this vehicle a lot. Currently in the middle of a 4500 mile road trip and in sunny Florida for 2 weeks before continuing on (which is where I am really seeing the effects of the black interior issue). MPG on the highway is in the 23 to 26 MPG range (depending of headwinds), and my wife and I are pretty loaded down with luggage and other stuff for this trip. Great vehicle, just not enthused about the black interior is all.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
CFUSION
Rookie

But it hides the dirt. Black is the way to go. Try rubbing in that sunscreen better.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:32 PM
MiamiRT
Veteran

Originally Posted by CFUSION
But it hides the dirt. Black is the way to go. Try rubbing in that sunscreen better.
I agree my wife has the same interior in her Chrysler T&C and the dark interior was a must have. With kids the lighter interiors were a nightmare. You may have been better off going with leather or adding seat covers.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM
John Schneidmiller

I agree with GDM; I have a 12 R/T with black leather, the only color you can get in a R/T. My 06 Tahoe has gray interior and you never see dust, lint, etc. I have had my R/T a little over 2 months now and have 6500 miles on it; GREAT vehicle, I'll just have to put up with the dust and lint.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black is the only way to go imo..

Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 AM
rdkind62
Professional

I have never had black cloth seats before, but I have black leather in my '08 BMW and in my D and can't imagine ever choosing anything different in the future.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Myrest

I have to admit that every little lint is visible on those black clothing seats. Use to have a gray interior Caravan and it was always looking clean.

Still, I love my black interior and would'nt change it for anything else.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM
boosted20v
Veteran

yep with kids black leather is always the way to go!! Speaking of Durango interiors does anyone have an R/T with the non leather seats? Basically leather on the edges and red cloth with a black mesh like material over it. Only seen it in pics.

Quick Reply: Black Interior