3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Somebody tried to steal roof rack bar??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 AM
4.6Stang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody tried to steal roof rack bar??

So the other night I was working out in the driveway and noticed something a little out of place on the top of the citadel. So i climbed up on the bumper and the rod for the roof rack was just sitting on the roof! Nothing at all was securing it! It was totally out of its holder and just sitting next to the holder on the paint. The most crazy part is my wife most likely drove with it like that all the way from my daughters school (10 min away)!

Luckily there were on some scratches where it had moved around while she was driving. Heck, I'm just happy I noticed it was out of place before we took our road trip down to VA! However I still wonder what happened. Its very unlikely they unscrewed themselves from the holder and fell directly next to the holder. My guess was it happened at the school or earlier. And someone ditched their plan to steal once someone was around to see them and just left the roof rack and ran. The part that scares me is that it couldve slid forward during a panic stop and scratched the windsheild and possibly put a nasty dent in my hood! Anyway thats enough from me.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Somebody tried to steal roof rack bar??