DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   Water leak... Beware (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/328562-water-leak-beware.html)

Gibson74 06-14-2012 07:46 AM

Water leak... Beware

Hey all. I just wanted to inform you all in case you have this problem. After a rain storm or driving in heavy rain I am starting to see drips of water accumulating and falling from the Sunglass holder on the ceiling! It's not much water but enough to drip 5-10 drops after a rain. The water is obviously getting in the body of the ceiling.

This is happening on a 2012 Citadel with sunroof that has less than 2000 miles on it. I thought that the sunroof seal might be responsible, but there should be some kind of drain gutter in there for that.

The dealer starts diagnosis today. I will post updates. I have a feeling this is going to be a cat and mouse game that leads to a lemon. Water through the Sunglass holder???????

bvincent007 06-14-2012 09:00 AM

We have had some heavy rain recently and I haven't had any problems with my Citadel but I will keep my eye on that area for leaks. I hope yours get resolved quickly that sucks man.

tkt b8 06-14-2012 09:14 AM

I have a '12 Citadel as well. I have 1500 miles and so far no issues. Keep us posted and I hope they resolve this quickly for you!

VenomR/T 06-14-2012 09:41 AM

No leaks on mine, had lots of rain the last week too.
I read somewhere that the drain hose from the sunroof gutter gets pinched up and stops the rain water from draining out causing water to leak inside. Good luck.

CMil527 06-14-2012 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear man, my '12 R/T hasn't had any issues as of yet nut notice from time to time o.e corner of the sunroof tends to not close 100% flush.

Gibson74 06-15-2012 07:38 AM

Ok got it back from Dealer last night. They dropped the headliner and found the sunroof drain system weep tube needed "adjustment". Lol. In other words a clogged drain tube for the sunroof right from the factory as Venom(above) mentioned. Of course I did not see this done, so only time will tell if it's fixed for sure. I'm not digging the fingerprints on my headliner now though! Hopefully it cleans up.

440sixpack 06-15-2012 04:38 PM

Interesting. I've got the exact same issue, but we can never duplicated it at the dealership. Once I left the dealership and went to a car wash and it happened then! Thx for the update, I'm going to talk to them...

440sixpack 06-15-2012 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did happen to get a pic of it last time too, so people can see the location...

NY-Durango 06-15-2012 09:17 PM

I have a 2011 Crew Lux that leaked after I purchased it from the exact same location. I brought it into dealer and they cleaned out the drains for the sunroof and it has never happened since and that was 12000 miles ago. When it originally happened I also had fears of future problems but it has been fine.

IndyDurango 06-16-2012 12:19 AM

You guys should pull it apart and seal it up with silicone.

Blockage fixed or not, you really don't want water coming through anywhere.

Good luck! Sux.

IndyD