3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

anyone try this led conversion inside D

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah definitely happy with the tail LEDs no flicker and no canbus errors. I think they should have done LEDs from the get go

Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shaun.Perry
Yeah definitely happy with the tail LEDs no flicker and no canbus errors. I think they should have done LEDs from the get go
Without a doubt, do you feel that they are brighter?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

I would say yes they "feel" brighter in my mind but i think its because the light is more uniform and consistent compared to the corner light where its only even when the brakes are applied. Other then that it only lights up a little section. Plus when i bought them they were only 5 bucks each so i didn't feel like i was out much to try it. The part i hated most was taking off the hatch panel to get to the lights. I have trim removal tools and i still bent one broke aother. Luckily it didn't affect the way it went back on and still holds tight.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say yes they "feel" brighter in my mind but i think its because the light is more uniform and consistent compared to the corner light where its only even when the brakes are applied. Other then that it only lights up a little section. Plus when i bought them they were only 5 bucks each so i didn't feel like i was out much to try it. The part i hated most was taking off the hatch panel to get to the lights. I have trim removal tools and i still bent one broke aother. Luckily it didn't affect the way it went back on and still holds tight.
Lol see u convince me to grab some then talk me out of it with talk of panel removal and broken clips!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Fmunoz71
Amateur

Here is the Front area

Now from far they seem pretty okay until your IN the car itself, here is the middle row with the center being the one i changed and the outer 2 not being able to change

Now here is the Front.....

See the major color descrepency? The only way to color match the back two rows would be to make a new board which the company i work for can do or just desolder the LED
and put the right color in its place
Now for the Rear End i put LEDs in the Hatch rear lights and it seems to be slightly brighter and light is alot more even in my opinion in person.
Here is what they look like in

Here is what they look like on

Now in this one the right seems more orange then the left factory bulb but thats just a deception between brightness angle and crappy phone camera lol.
Its actually alot more even in light and brighter.
Wow Shaun thanks for taking the time to show us these pictures, it looks great.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Fmunoz71
Amateur

Why cant you do the corner lights?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fmunoz71
Why cant you do the corner lights?
You can do the corners i just don't know how to get the panel off without breaking it lol

Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

Originally Posted by CMil527
Lol see u convince me to grab some then talk me out of it with talk of panel removal and broken clips!
Haha just use two people to get it back on. I have this problem of wanting to do stuff all alone so i can say i did it all. Line up the clips with the holes sounds simple but hard to do on your own.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
GizmoDurango
Veteran

Definitely looks good! You guys always keep me thinking of way to improve the D!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

**UPDATE**

Found out how to color match the reader lights for the rear two rows and front readers. What i could use info on is how to drop down the front section that has the sunglasses holder and homelink stuff so that i can get access to the circuit board. If anyone has info that would greatly help so i don't damage that top console

Quick Reply: anyone try this led conversion inside D