3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

How far away does your remote start work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
dohcboost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They took another look at it today. At first the Tech working on my truck said it was working normally. Thankfully they have good front desk service that proved them otherwise. They made the Tech come out front of the dealership and show them it was working normally. The tech repeatedly hit the remote start button while walking up on the truck from behind. He was unable to get it started until he was touching the rear bumper.

They had to send Chrysler a message to get the approval to replace the "Wireless Control Module"*? I may have that wrong, but its something inside the truck that talks with the keys. Im sure it will be at least 2 weeks until the part comes in, but ill keep the thread updated with the fix.

edit: getting it monday

Last edited by dohcboost; 07-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 AM
46fever
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, hope the module fixes your issue.

Tested my 2012 R/T yesterday. . . 225ft . . line-of-sight, in wooded driveway.

This should give you another point of refererence for "normal".

Started out at approx. 300 ft and kept walking closer until it worked, then measured that distance.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
dohcboost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So they replaced my keys and replaced my wireless control module. Neither fixed my issue.

HOWEVER, upon disconnecting the factory alarm which are put on all dealer vehicles, my vehicle was able to remote start from over 200 ft away and I was able to start my truck while in the middle of Auto Zone. Seems like they have figured out the issue.

Quick Reply: How far away does your remote start work?