3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

So my rear A/C blower motor isn't working AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo, this thing is the ultimate POS. It's an 08 with nearly 60,000 miles. It's got wheel bearing noise in the front wheels. Sounds like an exhaust leak from the engine area. Just terrible!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM
SadaraS
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll make you very happy when you get your Durango back!!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Yo, this thing is the ultimate POS. It's an 08 with nearly 60,000 miles. It's got wheel bearing noise in the front wheels. Sounds like an exhaust leak from the engine area. Just terrible!
I once took a Mitsu in for repair and they gave me a Mercedes loaner. Sounded good until I drove it; 20+ years old, over 150,000miles, and NO acceleration. Got behind a landscaping flatbed truck and I couldn't keep up with it - shrubs blew the doors off the Mercedes!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

Originally Posted by bbtkd
I once took a Mitsu in for repair and they gave me a Mercedes loaner. Sounded good until I drove it; 20+ years old, over 150,000miles, and NO acceleration. Got behind a landscaping flatbed truck and I couldn't keep up with it - shrubs blew the doors off the Mercedes!
I seriously got better loaners from Hyundai!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
SadaraS
Professional

DJ, I'm told by the dealer they got my vents working. They said it was a sealant issue. There are two tubes that connect together, not much different than venting in a home, but that connection was broken and the sealant in that connection was no good. And basically, the body shop broke it in the first place. Fortunately, it wasn't an electrical issue.

Of course, the body shop they are using for my Durango is the slowest ever!! I was told I would have my Durango back today, but definitely not. It's not ready. It's a good thing I don't need my ride until Friday. That gives them an extra day to get the work done.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

Originally Posted by SadaraS
DJ, I'm told by the dealer they got my vents working. They said it was a sealant issue. There are two tubes that connect together, not much different than venting in a home, but that connection was broken and the sealant in that connection was no good. And basically, the body shop broke it in the first place. Fortunately, it wasn't an electrical issue.

Of course, the body shop they are using for my Durango is the slowest ever!! I was told I would have my Durango back today, but definitely not. It's not ready. It's a good thing I don't need my ride until Friday. That gives them an extra day to get the work done.
Yeah, I figured they broke something when they were fixing the hail damage on the roof! Glad it's not electrical.

On another note, this PT Cruiser is gonna blow up any day now. In addition to the wheel bearing noise and the possible exhaust leak, the engine oil light is coming on at times. Way to go Chrysler!

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 08-08-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:48 AM
SadaraS
Professional

Yeah, I figured they broke something when they were fixing the hail damage on the roof! Glad it's not electrical.

On another note, this PT Cruiser is gonna blow up any day now. In addition to the wheel bearing noise and the possible exhaust leak, the engine oil light is coming on at times. Way to go Chrysler!
My old Intrepid had a check engine light issue. Had it looked at like 6 or 7 times and there was never anything wrong. I figured out the light coming on was associate with rain, when it rained it came on. If it was already on when it rained, it then went off. Faulty sensor. The cost to replace it was insane, so I never did. I knew my car and knew when something was wrong. Let's hope that is the issue with that PT Cruiser, bad sensor!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

Originally Posted by SadaraS
My old Intrepid had a check engine light issue. Had it looked at like 6 or 7 times and there was never anything wrong. I figured out the light coming on was associate with rain, when it rained it came on. If it was already on when it rained, it then went off. Faulty sensor. The cost to replace it was insane, so I never did. I knew my car and knew when something was wrong. Let's hope that is the issue with that PT Cruiser, bad sensor!
I personally don't care what's wrong with the PT Loser! As of today, my vehicle has spent a total of 13 days in the shop and it hasn't even been a full month since we bought it. Paid two months payments already and only had the truck in my possession for two weeks! F'in BS!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
SadaraS
Professional

I personally don't care what's wrong with the PT Loser! As of today, my vehicle has spent a total of 13 days in the shop and it hasn't even been a full month since we bought it. Paid two months payments already and only had the truck in my possession for two weeks! F'in BS!
I would be pissed to not have my Durango that for that long. I was already giving the Dealership a lock of grief for having it as long as they have.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
SadaraS
Professional

Oh, I got my Durango back yesterday... only to find they had spread lots and lots of fiber dust like crap all over the third row. I wouldn't have even noticed it honestly, except my CanvasBack liner came in yesterday and I was installing it and noticed they made a mess and didn't bother to clean it up!!

Quick Reply: So my rear A/C blower motor isn't working AGAIN!