Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont all durangos have backup cameras?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
dont all durangos have backup cameras?
negative...my sxt with standard radio does not have backup camera...you have to have one of the fancy radios to get that option

Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
negative...my sxt with standard radio does not have backup camera...you have to have one of the fancy radios to get that option
That's why there are exterior mirrors. It does require some practice, but since the ambulances and rescue truck, I used to drive had no rear-view anyway, I got lots of it.

I never use the camera and don't rely on the park assist, but the curb-tilt mirrors are a huge benefit. You have to be able to safely operate your vehicle in the absence of technology.

Rear wiper motors can fail, fuses can blow or in the case of these nifty, control everything radios, they can lock up and eliminate all the electronic aids.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by coldsteel
That's why there are exterior mirrors. It does require some practice, but since the ambulances and rescue truck, I used to drive had no rear-view anyway, I got lots of it.

I never use the camera and don't rely on the park assist, but the curb-tilt mirrors are a huge benefit. You have to be able to safely operate your vehicle in the absence of technology.

Rear wiper motors can fail, fuses can blow or in the case of these nifty, control everything radios, they can lock up and eliminate all the electronic aids.
i never liked the back up cameras or the sensors any ways, thats why i did not get the option for them...mirrors have worked fine for years and will continue to serve me well I am sure! It would be nice to have mirrors on the durango that are on my rescue truck though! (and the airhorn lights and siren)

Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM
SINISTERRT
Veteran

I removed back panel (interior) removed wiper motor assembly and removed exterior 10mm nut on the wiper itself. I like easy to do. I used a universal wiper delete kit off eBay modified for a airtight seal.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
St.Char
Professional

Originally Posted by SINISTERRT
I removed back panel (interior) removed wiper motor assembly and removed exterior 10mm nut on the wiper itself. I like easy to do. I used a universal wiper delete kit off eBay modified for a airtight seal.
Would have never thought of doing that, but it does look clean.

Quick Reply: Simple Mod...Rear Wiper Delete