3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I sure hope all these issues stop soon...I am losing my faith in Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
2012sxt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I sure hope all these issues stop soon...I am losing my faith in Dodge

Seems like I am always going to dealership to fix all these issues...only 2500 miles to date and have been to dealership about 7 times to fix issues...some minor, some major but all in all should not be happening to a brand new car...looks like I might need to buy that extended warranty when mine is about to expire if this is the way dodge builds their cars. Never buying Dodge again after this one...lesson learned, I will stick to my FORD products. 10 fords have come through my stable and never an issue besides common wear and tear

Type: 2012, V6, Auto SXT
Current mileage: 2,500

Problems/issues:
- water neck on front of motor has crack in it and leaked all radiator fluid out onto belt and front motor cover over time.

comments/notes: luckily i noticed it when i went to fill the washer fluid for my wife. Pink/white splatter all over front of motor and airbox from where it leaked down and hit spinning belt. I could clearly see the water leaking from the water neck. Dropping off at dealer tonight before 7pm so they can work on it in the morning. They topped off my fluid and advised not driving heavily from now until then.

They did offer a ride home if I needed but I had my daughter and car seat and all things needed for her in the car so it was easier to take car and return when wife gets home with second car.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 PM
safford197
Professional

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If it's any consolation Dodge/Chrystler aren't alone in terms of quality or lack there of. I've had bad experiences with Ford, VW and Lexus both mechanical and service - I believe it's just the state of the auto industry and your local stealership.
Good luck!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by safford197
Sorry to hear of your troubles. If it's any consolation Dodge/Chrystler aren't alone in terms of quality or lack there of. I've had bad experiences with Ford, VW and Lexus both mechanical and service - I believe it's just the state of the auto industry and your local stealership.
Good luck!
I agree, it seems all new cars are lacking in quality these days with all types of manufacturing defects and poor fitting parts. I love the Durango just hate little stupid quality control issues and poorly made parts on a 30k dollar car...I will say I found a dealership that I like and they have been good to me with all the issues but the original dealership I bought the car from was horrible.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
hwy101
Professional

They need to get rid of the quality control guys and hire a mopar freak

Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 AM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

They gave me free oil changes for 2 years for all my troubles. 8 oil changes attached to my vin! Email Chrysler ASAP! I used this form to email Customer Assistance: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp

Old 08-15-2012, 12:44 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
They gave me free oil changes for 2 years for all my troubles. 8 oil changes attached to my vin! Email Chrysler ASAP! I used this form to email Customer Assistance: http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.jsp
thanks for the advice...just sent them my rant and rave novel!

Quick Reply: I sure hope all these issues stop soon...I am losing my faith in Dodge