3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Magnaflow Exhaust Install (V8)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:45 PM
GotRPM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry, the SC whine will drown it out.....

Old 09-01-2014, 03:54 PM
MIKEon22s
Captain

With many on here running the MagnaFlow and not reporting drone like yours, any chance its rubbing somewhere? that along with report of plastic burning would go hand in hand.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by MIKEon22s
With many on here running the MagnaFlow and not reporting drone like yours, any chance its rubbing somewhere? that along with report of plastic burning would go hand in hand.
pretty positive the burning smell is from the system breaking in, i smell i from the exhaust.
i checked and double checked for any rubbing before i took the car off my ramps to start up, will check again.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:08 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

I did not pay too much attention to the flanges, but did i need to apply some sort of sealant, or is there some sort of replaceable gasket? Trying to pinpoint what i did wrong.

How tight should these flange nuts be tightened?

Old 09-02-2014, 07:05 PM
n10ss1
Amateur

Great walk through. Put MagnaFlow on My Charger...was thinking of doing the DD too.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
kingofhearts
Default Magnaflow drone

Originally Posted by MIKEon22s
Others have mentioned that Magnaflow has significant drone at idle. This is from a thread from dodgedurango.net by Old Bear who switched from Borla to Magnaflow. He also noted noted bad drone with the Magnaflow at idle (last post on page 4).

http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...nswered-4.html

Drone is more bothersome to some people than others. Personally, I can't stand it, which is why I am holding out for a Corsa exhaust.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by kingofhearts
Others have mentioned that Magnaflow has significant drone at idle. This is from a thread from dodgedurango.net by Old Bear who switched from Borla to Magnaflow. He also noted noted bad drone with the Magnaflow at idle (last post on page 4).

http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/d...nswered-4.html

Drone is more bothersome to some people than others. Personally, I can't stand it, which is why I am holding out for a Corsa exhaust.
i am waiting on corsa too, the dealer i purchased from suggested turning off MDS with diablosport tuners and that should alleviate most if not all of the drone.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Ok I ll jump in here.
I too have the Magnaflow system. The system does have some drone and I only hear it when it is in MDS so turning that off will all but eliminate it. I only hear it when radio is turned way low. If it is set at my normal listenening level no drone. My family never heard anything strange or drone I only did because I was looking for it.

There are no gaskets required at the flanges. Just double check in the back where the resonators hang the mounts will be close to the unibody pinch weld. If it is hitting there , it will make this drone more pronounced.

STEVE

Last edited by FSTDANGO3; 10-15-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:18 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Time for me to check on my X pipe, looked at the magnaflow drawing again and apparently the x pipe might be directional. The tubing looks a bit different on both sides apparently, But close enough that i never noticed until i 2nd looked the instructions. Hope this is my problem! If not i'll try magnaflow tech support, i can't even get through to them!

Old 09-06-2014, 10:31 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I think it only goes on 1 way due to pipe diameters and exhaust flow

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust Install (V8)