Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice tough looking Durango!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Dodgemack
Rookie

Originally Posted by xsheenx
The ride is a tiny bit stiffer and it tends to rolls less which IMO is a good thing. It's actually more fun to drive now.
Thanks for sharing. That makes sense and all that matters is that you enjoy it. I may have to follow suit.

Is this the exact kit you used?

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html

Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
xsheenx

Originally Posted by Dodgemack
Thanks for sharing. That makes sense and all that matters is that you enjoy it. I may have to follow suit.

Is this the exact kit you used?

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html
Yup, that's the one.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pic. Yeah that's basically what I have minus the rear. I may consider adding in the rear spacers too... Yours looks good.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice

That looks great!

One of my only gripes about my Crew V6 is the lack of power. How many miles do you have on it? Mine does seem to be getting less lethargic all the time, or I am just getting used to it now with about 7000 miles. But I have to say I regret not getting the V8 every time I drive it, and really wish it would be possible to trade in without losing my shirt on the deal. Love the handling. Hate the motor.

Steve

Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
xsheenx

Originally Posted by wi-steve
That looks great!

One of my only gripes about my Crew V6 is the lack of power. How many miles do you have on it? Mine does seem to be getting less lethargic all the time, or I am just getting used to it now with about 7000 miles. But I have to say I regret not getting the V8 every time I drive it, and really wish it would be possible to trade in without losing my shirt on the deal. Love the handling. Hate the motor.

Steve
I bought it used at 15k miles. I had been driving an RS4 for the past 5+ years so the V6 was a step down for sure but I am happy with it. I bought the D for the durability (plus I like the looks ). I do agree with you though, it can feel a bit sluggish. I shift it manually 90% of the time to stay in the power band, that tends to help.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:10 PM
sdquattro
Amateur

RS4?! Nice! I know it's off topic but please post pics of that sexy RS4! I'm an Audi enthusiast as you can tell my by user ID! Tell me you didn't trade in the RS4?!

Your D looks mean! Nice work! How much was the R/T fascia if ya don't mind me asking? Any any decrease in MPG's due to the lift?

Originally Posted by xsheenx
I bought it used at 15k miles. I had been driving an RS4 for the past 5+ years so the V6 was a step down for sure but I am happy with it. I bought the D for the durability (plus I like the looks ). I do agree with you though, it can feel a bit sluggish. I shift it manually 90% of the time to stay in the power band, that tends to help.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
xsheenx

Originally Posted by sdquattro
RS4?! Nice! I know it's off topic but please post pics of that sexy RS4! I'm an Audi enthusiast as you can tell my by user ID! Tell me you didn't trade in the RS4?!

Your D looks mean! Nice work! How much was the R/T fascia if ya don't mind me asking? Any any decrease in MPG's due to the lift?
No, I didn't trade it in. The miles we're getting high and it was time for something more durable and spacious. I did love that car though. I plan on picking up another Audi sometime next year.

The wheels and tires are heavier so im sure there is a decrease in mpg but nothing to drastic.

The R/T fascia was $179, I bought it on ebay. Easy install too.

Here are some pics of the RS before spacers and exhaust, not the best pics in the world but here ya go:

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice RS4... I came from a completely modded out 335i making over 400hp at the wheels w I feel you on it being an adjustment but I love my r/t as well, great truck overall!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM
boosted20v
Veteran

Welcome to the club. I don't think I could have parted with that 4 ringer though!! Been a dub and audi nut all my life!

Quick Reply: Intro & Pics