3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Magnaflow kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magnaflow kit

Any one have the Magnaflow cat-back on their 2011+ D? I've been looking for feedback or reviews and found NOTHING!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:35 PM
CMil527
Champion

There are a few guys on here with it so I'm sure they will chime in... Shoot Double D Mods a PM they seem to offer a good deal on them!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by CMil527
There are a few guys on here with it so I'm sure they will chime in... Shoot Double D Mods a PM they seem to offer a good deal on them!
I saw that Double D Mods offers a great deal on them! I hope they chime in soon. I just want to know what the drone on the Highway is like. I had a Magnum R/T with reso deletes on it and it was perfect, but I put reso deletes on the D and its stupid drone on the highway! I'm guessing the difference is the suitcase muffler in the mid of the truck. It has to be more free flowing than my old Magnum's.

I can handle some drone. I know its gonna do it, but there's a tolerance level you know?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
mac424
Professional

BTW CMil527, how do you like the Flowmaster kit?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
CMil527
Champion

I love the flowmaster system but she definately has some drone and a few fitment issues out of the box, but at the price I paid ($560 shipped) it was a great deal!

Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mac424
I saw that Double D Mods offers a great deal on them! I hope they chime in soon. I just want to know what the drone on the Highway is like. I had a Magnum R/T with reso deletes on it and it was perfect, but I put reso deletes on the D and its stupid drone on the highway! I'm guessing the difference is the suitcase muffler in the mid of the truck. It has to be more free flowing than my old Magnum's.

I can handle some drone. I know its gonna do it, but there's a tolerance level you know?
I myself do not have any catback on my Durango yet. Will someday put the Magnaflow on. From what customers tell me they say the drone is a non issue.
I know about 10 of you guys have these systems that we have shipped out. So hopefully one of them will give some feedback for you.

I only have 7k miles on our Durango and going on 18 months of owning it. Besides wheels, hood and CAI that about all I have done to it so far.
To busy modding our Corvettes

Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
I myself do not have any catback on my Durango yet. Will someday put the Magnaflow on. From what customers tell me they say the drone is a non issue.
I know about 10 of you guys have these systems that we have shipped out. So hopefully one of them will give some feedback for you.

I only have 7k miles on our Durango and going on 18 months of owning it. Besides wheels, hood and CAI that about all I have done to it so far.
To busy modding our Corvettes
Well, good luck with the Vetts. Wheels are on my list of things to do, but I'd like to get an exhaust on it next. I have a Mopar CAI installed so far. I put reso deletes on, but I'm not a fan so I hope I hear something about the Magnaflow kit.

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Durangerous
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mac424
Any one have the Magnaflow cat-back on their 2011+ D? I've been looking for feedback or reviews and found NOTHING!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have a MagnaFlow cat back system. Drone is minimal to non-existent at highway speeds. I've had mine for about 3K miles and the only complaint I had was fitment. I had to make some adjustments after a few hundred miles. The mufflers were so close to the pinch welds that if not installed perfectly, the mufflers hit the frame while towing or running over the slightest pothole. Now that the system is broken in and aligned it sounds perfect.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 AM
CMil527
Champion

All these systems seem to hit the damn frame..

Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 AM
budoboy1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMil527
All these systems seem to hit the damn frame..
Had to heat upa pipe and bend down passenger side muffler last week to avoid hitting the pinch weld on bumps. Now the flowmasters are perfect ... except for some drone and them burning the plastic shield around the spare tire :-)

Quick Reply: Magnaflow kit