3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CMil527
I agree with everything you said, I'm leaning this way as well but just not 100% sure. I wish there was a vendor out there who would try both.. hint hint Dennis!!!

I will look into what I can do to help out
I am sorry
From Feb to May is our busiest time of the year at the shop. We make custom double din dashes and bezels for Corvettes, Vieprs, Camaros, Firebirds ext to allow these cars to have NAV in dash like the new cars do. With the new radios, tax season and everyone wanting everything done before spring we are buried in work and 8-10 weeks out on orders.

So best thing is to just give me a call if wanting info on something like this and I will look into it.

I am also adding another full time employee in April and Danielle will be doing nothing but website work listing the stack of paperwork I have for parts for all of us and the others cars that need to go on the website. She will also be watching this forum closer for me and helping me reply to questions and posting new items for all of you.

Thanks for thinking of me to help with this.

anytime call me if you don't see me here for a couple days

Dennis

Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dennis
Looking forward to picking up a few items from you soon
STEVE

Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 AM
CMil527
Champion

Thanx Dennis, I wasn't sure if u were out of town on business. See what u can do!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Akfinest
Rookie

DD: Glad to hear business is good

Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by SS2RT
why did you have to pull fuses, vehicle stability and traction
controls both had convenient buttons to easily turn them off on the fly on the TBSS. Shutting off VSC On launches made a huge difference (prob TQ management)
Absolutely Torque Management. Before I could get my tuner program upgraded to flash the TBSS PCM. I experimented with disabling stability management and traction control. That's why I was wondering if anybody had played with the Durango. Torque management is set very high on this vehicle. Ever wonder why the Mercedes ML pulls a 7 tenths lead to 60mph (6.6) and 6 tenths in the quarter mile (15.0) over our durangos. Even though it's got 60 FEWER HP and 117 fewer Ft-lbs of torque. Very close in weight as well. Pretty sad when a new toyota camry SE V6 will hand us our ***. 5.8(60 mph) 14.2(1/4). I'll rip anything out if it takes TQ management with it.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Absolutely Torque Management. Before I could get my tuner program upgraded to flash the TBSS PCM. I experimented with disabling stability management and traction control. That's why I was wondering if anybody had played with the Durango. Torque management is set very high on this vehicle. Ever wonder why the Mercedes ML pulls a 7 tenths lead to 60mph (6.6) and 6 tenths in the quarter mile (15.0) over our durangos. Even though it's got 60 FEWER HP and 117 fewer Ft-lbs of torque. Very close in weight as well. Pretty sad when a new toyota camry SE V6 will hand us our ***. 5.8(60 mph) 14.2(1/4). I'll rip anything out if it takes TQ management with it.
please dont get me started again! I already went on a rant
about how dodge had a huge opportunity but fell short and skimped on tuning the DD-R/T right. A but more time and effort on the power management, throttle response, tranny, and suspension..and a nice/good "sporty" SUV would have/could have been truly "Road & Track" worthy performance SUV like the TBSS was with VSC and traction turned off. ( maybe if Dodge did a final tune in germany instead of in the Dodge parking lot lol hahaa )

I have come to terms with it for now, and my hypertech interceptor is in my family room getting ready for install on saturday...and ill get a trinity if and when its ready for 2013's and kinks are in check..at least she's still sexy,
and has a nice ride (I'd like to sit a bit lower and be a bit more comfortable in the driver seat but I'll live..)

Last edited by SS2RT; 03-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM
CMil527
Champion

please dont get me started again! I already went on a rant
about how dodge had a huge opportunity but fell short and skimped on tuning the DD-R/T right. A but more time and effort on the power management, throttle response, tranny, and suspension..and a nice/good "sporty" SUV would have/could have been truly "Road & Track" worthy performance SUV like the TBSS was with VSC and traction turned off. ( maybe if Dodge did a final tune in germany instead of in the Dodge parking lot lol hahaa )

I have come to terms with it for now, and my hypertech interceptor is in my family room getting ready for install on saturday...and ill get a trinity if and when its ready for 2013's and kinks are in check..at least she's still sexy,
and has a nice ride (I'd like to sit a bit lower and be a bit more comfortable in the driver seat but I'll live..)
Lol I love it... I cant wait to hear your impressions bro!!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Fullslp
Captain

CmIl527. After your reply I knew I was on the right forum with the right people. I can't tell you how frustrating it was when just removing TQ MANAGEMENT on my TBSS dropped my 1/4 mile from 13.95 to 13.18. That's huge! Or when I'm on the freeway and I hammer it and it intervenes with a tremendous loss of torque on downshift. This is one reason why i will NEVER sell my 97 SS Camaro. The sucker has an airbag a seatbelt and a stickshift. HOW GOD INTENDED IT TO BE. thanks man please let us know how the interceptor works for ya. in the mean time I'll have my finger on the BUY button

Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Fullslp
Captain

SS2RT that reply was for you bud. Stupid IPhone.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
GizmoDurango
Veteran

I hear you SS2RT. Sometimes you just want to vent and I get that. If the truck wasn't a head turner and wasn't the perfect fit for my family I'd be ranting all the time. I ordered my hypertech as well. I don't foresee having an issue installing it, but at least now, for us NJ guys in the area, we will have you as a reference

Quick Reply: Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!