3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2013 durango push button start

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
buz692000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 durango push button start

Recently purchased a 2013 durango and love it, but the wife likes the push button start option and ours didnt come with it. I bought the push button that just snaps in, what else needs to be done to make this work.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Scottina11heat
All Star

sorry my friend.......it cant be done. This has been researched extensively on the Jeep forums.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
coldsteel
Captain

The push button is not what makes the D a push to start vehicle. The ignition 'cylinder' itself is physically different so that it can accept either the push button or the physical keyfob.

There is also integration into the CANbus system which allows the EVIC system to display the 'Depress brake and push button to start message'.

Sorry. I hope you didn't spend too much on the button.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by buz692000
Recently purchased a 2013 durango and love it, but the wife likes the push button start option and ours didnt come with it. I bought the push button that just snaps in, what else needs to be done to make this work.

Buz,

The push button you are referring to is called a Keyless/Go system, which is a package installed from factory. This package includes more then one ignition module and different interior wiring. I also checked at www.mopar.ca and unfortunately, there is no Mopar Kit available to assist in installing.

I'm sorry the reply could not be more favourable.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM
NWDodger

What model and options does your D have? I ask because I bought a new crew last month and was trying to add this feature only to find that it was already installed and just the button itself was missing (even though the sales guy said it didnt come with it).

If you have keyless/go listed on your sticker you may be in my same boat. You would know this because I was having to start the vehicle by inserting the butt end of the key fob and turning it (weird).

Otherwise these guys are right that you are SOL.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Wacktool

Originally Posted by buz692000
I know Ill get flamed for this but... If you have to ask that question then you shouldnt be messing with the car's internals.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM
buz692000

Originally Posted by Wacktool
I know Ill get flamed for this but... If you have to ask that question then you shouldnt be messing with the car's internals.
What's the point in having forums then?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
GotRPM
Professional

What's the point in having forums then?
The free exchange of information; the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others; the opportunity to remove all doubt about one's lack of judgement or intelligence.
Ignore the troll.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Larry Lives
Rookie

suppose the most cost effective way to do this is to go to your closest bone yard and ask them to call u when a crew or higher D comes in wrecked, then maybe see if its worth stripping all the stuff out to do the swap.
Not to pour salt in the wound, but im spoiled now lol. Its a feature I thought I wouldnt care about and now love.
Kinda like my last suv back up camera, told the dealer I didnt care and will never use a camera. well guess what! I cant back up anymore without a damn camera lol!

Old 09-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Tamuskie
Default Can I install a push button start on my 2011 crew?

I just bought a used 2011 Dakota Crew. I have to stick the fob in the ignition and turn it to start, however when I enter the cab the "step on brake and push button to start" message lights up. This leads me to believe I may just need to install the button. Is that the case?

Quick Reply: 2013 durango push button start