3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM
dbst11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers???

Seriously, the Crew speakers are a joke. I almost would rather not have the stereo on. It's the only thing that I don't like about my new DD. I love everything else. What replacement speakers are you guys using? And do they make a difference?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
bluebastion
Professional

Did you get the Alpine system? My only complaint with my Alpine is the bass is almost non existent. The Rockford Fosgate sub in the premium factory stereo of my previous vehicle blows it out of the water.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
dbst11

Yup I have the Alpine setup. Is it true that the replacement speakers need to be at 2 ohms?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM
dbst11

I came across this the other day. Has anyone tried it or something like it to improve the sound quality in their DD

LC2i - Audiocontrol 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system

Last edited by dbst11; 03-01-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Yes you can use one of those which will convert the factory wires to RCA jacks and from there build a sub box and get any amp you want.
In the mean time lower your mid range below half and at least you will hear some BASS
some is all you get
STEVE

Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 AM
baum
Professional

Originally Posted by dbst11
I came across this the other day. Has anyone tried it or something like it to improve the sound quality in their DD

LC2i - Audiocontrol 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system

If your talking about amping the factory speakers dont bother. you will most likely blow them. they really cant handle much more than whats being pushed to them via the factory setup.

I used something similar (a hi-lo converter) and replaced my speakers with diamond audio components in the front. and a single 12' sub. and a single 4 channel amp.

So a search on this there are MANY discussions on this matter already.

If you have a factory amp you will need to grab the signal after the amp. if you dont have a factory amp you can get the signal at the radio.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
dbst11

Thanks Steve. That helped quite a bit to drop the mids. I am going to try and install an amp with 2 6x9 infinity's up front and 2 6.5 infinity's in the rear doors. We'll see how that turns out.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM
bportman
Professional

Hey guys I too want to replace the 4 main speakers. I was thinking infinity's like dbst11. Will i be wasting my money if i just swap them out with the oem and don't push them with an aftermarket sub?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
baum
Professional

Originally Posted by bportman
Hey guys I too want to replace the 4 main speakers. I was thinking infinity's like dbst11. Will i be wasting my money if i just swap them out with the oem and don't push them with an aftermarket sub?

will they sound better (IMO) yes. however they will have different bass/ trebble responses than the factory. some people like this, some dont.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Bigbody
Professional

If you have the alpine system swapping speakers can be tricky, I know in my ram the front door speakers are strictly mid bass and have no highs coming from them, highs come from dash speakers, my Durango has the 6 speakers and not 100% sure if the front doors are slit bass and high being they have the tweeters. I keep my mids at -3 or less to make it sound decent just have to match the replacement speakers with the same function as the factory speakers and you could get some improvement but factory stereo doesn't supply much power for aftermarket speakers so you may not get the full potential of the speakers there either

Quick Reply: Speakers???