3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2nd Evic screen for auto head light sensitivity??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Larry Lives
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Evic screen for auto head light sensitivity??

I googled "Durango auto head light sensitivity".
Found this post in the Challenger forum...
(we have a 2nd evic screen??)
Ill try it, but figure I would ask before I go messing with it.

From Challenger Forum::

I hope this helps some of you guys who felt like me that the automatic headlights on my SRT8 would come on to early and to often. I did some calling around and some searching online and finally came up with the correct answers on how to adjust the sensitivity on our automatic headlights.

1. Enter the secondary evic menu (by holding the compass and music note buttons for 6-8 seconds)

2. Toggle down till you get to the headlight adjustment screen. (There is a real time readout from the sensor on the dash) If you aim a flashlight at the sensor you will see the numeric value drop. This means that it is not a lumens meter but is more likely a voltage drop caused by the photocell opening.

3. Adjust the value with the right pointing arrow key anywhere from 150 - 220 by 2s.

4. Adjust the value for the timing with the music note key. The higher the value the longer it will take for the headlights to come on with a change in light or stay on after a change in light. IE parking the car (I don't need my headlights to come on every time I pull into my garage)

Stock my SRT8 was set at 190 for the sensitivity and 60 for the timing. I set mine to 210 for sensitivity and 90 for timing and feel this works much better.

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=62712

Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Realllyy?? Did u try it out?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default headlights

Would be great if there was a way to tinker with the headlight settings... as I drive to work mine actually go on and off repeatedly some mornings while driving in and out of shade from banks of trees on the highway as the sun is rising.

Steve

Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Larry Lives
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt try yet, where the hell is the compass button??
Ill try today, my issue, I notice when its gray and rainy during the day the lights are off, my settings seem to be set so it has to be very dark for auto mode to turn the lights on...
And as the post read, I wouldnt mind changing the timing too, same for me pulling in the garage... they go on rights before I shut the D off...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry, the poster where you read that has a 2010 Chally. Thats the old EVIC. 2010 and below. There might a a "secret" menu on the new EVIC set up, but I have yet to hear about it.

Quick Reply: 2nd Evic screen for auto head light sensitivity??