3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Let's get a mini meet set up!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finny, use a blow dryer on high heat, heat them up and they will peel right off. then use your finger to remove the rest of the black double sided tape and some goof off to clean up the rest of the sticky on the paint. I have done it on several vehicles that way and always works like a charm! ( no pun intended- as in lucky charm ) HA just beware if you heat them to much they will bend and distort and can never be used again it you want to add them back later.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:03 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

You can use fishing line as well
I removed all my emblems, prepped them and painted them Black then reinstalled them a slightly different than factory location.
I was able to remove them and even save the factory double sided tape by using a technique of gently prying them with plastic dash tools and heat. They cam right off left no residue and went right back on securely.
STEVE

Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
You can use fishing line as well
I removed all my emblems, prepped them and painted them Black then reinstalled them a slightly different than factory location.
I was able to remove them and even save the factory double sided tape by using a technique of gently prying them with plastic dash tools and heat. They cam right off left no residue and went right back on securely.
STEVE
Hmm, I dont care about the durango logo, but if I can get the R/T off and reuse and paint I will. Just ordered set of dash tools other day as thinking about biting bullet on CHR550. Thanks for info guys. But looking at the awesome tropical storm punding florida right now, there will be no work done on the D for a while, at least outside

Quick Reply: Let's get a mini meet set up!