3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Diablo DCX tune install today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 AM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hemi, That is the very reason why I went with the Hypertech, no fuss and no waiting for the manufacture to fix the problems they have allowed their product to leave the front doors with and have a we will fix it later attitude. I have zero issues with my shift points and tonight coming home was the first time I push the pedal to the floor and I was to 100 in a blink of an eye, WOW my truck hauls ***....anyway, what CAI and exhaust are you installing in your truck, that is my next big mod?

Last edited by V for Victory; 04-25-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Mikeh78
Amateur

Originally Posted by V for Victory
Hemi, That's is the very reason why I went with the Hypertech, no fuss, no waiting for the manufacture to fix the problems they allowed their product to leave the front doors with and a we will fix it later attitude. I have zero issues with my shift points and tonigh coming home was the first time I push the pedal to the floor and I was to 100 in a blink of an eye, WOW my truck hauls ***....anyway, what CAI and exhaust are you installing in your truck, that my next big mod?

This is the reason I went with a Hypertech as well, plus I didn't want to spend $500 bucks on a trinity tune. I am happy with the way my D drives now with the tuner and intake. Now I just have to decide if I want to change the exhaust, because the stock exhaust does not sound back at all. Not sure if it is worth the 1k or so to change it out.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen guys ...can't blame you on that logic!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

AMEN x 2

Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Look it's all about personal preference, the tune is great overall but for me I want that one thing changed not fixed. I don't like it but others may, I'm very picky and want things my way and I can get that with the Diablo not the Hypertech...period end of story. Do you buy a nice suit off the rack and not have it tailored to fit YOU? I didn't think so. Hell I have a 05 Magnum that had a stock...let me repeat a stock problem with the dash and headlights flickering around 2K RPM and the dealer could never replicate it so they could never fix it. I told my tuner about it and he bumped up my volts in that range and voila the problem was fixed. There is much more to this tuner than a tune. And the Hypertech tune is just that a canned tune no variables at all...it's a one size fits all type of mentality (suit off the rack) and I'm not that way. Why? Because each rig is different with different mods, different driving habits, different fuel quality, etc. I am confident you Hypertech guys are leaving power on the table and you all want more power or you wouldn't be doing all these mods if you weren't. You guys took the first tuner out as I did with my Magnum and that's fine, but being first in the game of aftermarket products for new cars is not always the best as I found out.

The fastest and most powerful modern Mopars out there are being tuned by Diablo not Hypertech and that is a fact! And when I'm done I will be pulling better numbers with better gas mileage than any Hypertech tuned D3 out there. If you wan't the best for your D3, want to know whats going on under the hood and want the most power and performance you can get you will switch to a Diablo at some point. Or just wear your suit off the rack.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
-Ross-
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hemibuck
And when I'm done I will be pulling better numbers with better gas mileage than any Hypertech tuned D3 out there. If you wan't the best for your D3, want to know whats going on under the hood and want the most power and performance you can get you will switch to a Diablo at some point. Or just wear your suit off the rack.

What's best for my D3 at this point is no issues.

When those "better numbers" are proven with no "bugs", I'll shut up.

The numbers better end up being way better though. IMO, $500 for a tuner + $500 for a custom dyno tune ($1000 total) better get me a good 30hp more than the Hypertech considering it's $700 more invested.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by -Ross-
What's best for my D3 at this point is no issues.

When those "better numbers" are proven with no "bugs", I'll shut up.

The numbers better end up being way better though. IMO, $500 for a tuner + $500 for a custom dyno tune ($1000 total) better get me a good 30hp more than the Hypertech considering it's $700 more invested.
Right on brother ROSS.

Hemibuck, If the DD is your ride for speed then go ahead and get every last HP out of it. For some of us it's our slowest I.e " family/ wifee's vehicle and we just want it to be more fun to drive. Intake and Interceptor have given me that for less than $600. Just don't dog on mods that you haven't used and be honest on the ones you have. Try explaining to your wife why your Diablo tuner has set off the SES light or why it has a slight lag when she hits the gas or she can't drive it right now because your waiting for a "fix" or update.Maybe you can tell her that it's worth it for the extra 8 HP you got over the Interceptor.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

Guys, the Trinity or the Intune can do a lot more than just tweak voltage curve on the accelerator or faking other variables for the PCM to change the FI curve.

Look we in Europe have lots of turbo diesels and tuning like the hypertech is a common thing to do here. I even had a powerbox on my Diesel Dodge Nitro and gained some power. BUT it almost ended in engine failure because it almost blown out the head gasket. It tweaked the boost pressure but it was failing to stop adjusting it. It felt great driving with 2bar turbo pressure but it would never last longer than 2 secs.

I don't know why this canned tunes are so famous in your hemisphere but here we don't give a **** about ebay "30HP more" advertized powerboxes on gas engines. That's why you even wont get one here :-) I bought the intune for adjusting speed limiter (mine was set for 180km/h) and shiftpoints/torque management. And of course to be able to load custom tunes and do dyno tuning.

It's really funny to read over and over the same things here. Are you jealous because we bought a intune or trinity? If so then please stop posting here.

By the way, also the interceptors are failing. I think some guys already mentioned it here too and that hypertech is calling them back... So is this really better? I don't think so. Hemibuck and myself wanted to do more than just faking the PCM, we also wanted to adjust TCM and other parts of the electronics. Could a hypertech do that? What do you pay a dealer for setting all these things on the Witech/Starscan? Here in Switzerland I pay 180 bucks for just checking if the software is up to date, something which took only 10mins to do! I've added VES and some other things to it and let the dealer reprogram the car configuration. It costed me 280 bucks and in the end the top speed was still set at 180km/h. Now I have the Intune which solved that issue in 10mins + I'm able to also change shiftpoints, tire size, Fan settings etc. etc. etc.

So I think the extra $150 over the hypertech are more than well invested! Just think about that from that view. If you have a friendly cheap dealer doing that for you than well go on with the hypertech unit but for me it was never an option especially because the D3 is not officially imported to europe. I even don't have any warranty on the car! ;-) See how I have faith in Dodge to live completely without any dealer warranty :-)

Thats my experience and I'm building street/race cars with halltechs, AEMs and even Megasquirt (I love it). My 25years old megasquirted Alfa Romeo drives now since 6 years and 50'000km without any issues and I gained by just changing to this Fuel injection 22PS with NOS 79PS :-) And that on a wet liner 3.0l V6 reving 7200rpm :-) So I know a little bit about fuel injection...

Last edited by firefox7518; 04-24-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors, sorry I'm swiss :-)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Right on brother ROSS.

Hemibuck, If the DD is your ride for speed then go ahead and get every last HP out of it. For some of us it's our slowest I.e " family/ wifee's vehicle and we just want it to be more fun to drive. Intake and Interceptor have given me that for less than $600. Just don't dog on mods that you haven't used and be honest on the ones you have. Try explaining to your wife why your Diablo tuner has set off the SES light or why it has a slight lag when she hits the gas or she can't drive it right now because your waiting for a "fix" or update.Maybe you can tell her that it's worth it for the extra 8 HP you got over the Interceptor.
No brother I have the Magnum for some tire burning fun. And I have never spent $500 on a custom tune. Also have you guys ever asked the question why does the Diablo have a reset adaptives option? Because these newer vehicles learn and adapt. So when my rig is feeling a little slower I can plug it in and reset the adaptives and bam feeling like it did when I first put the tune in. What do you guys do when that happens....and it will happen. Do some research on how our rides learn our driving habits and make adjustments.

If your happy with what you have awesome, but this thread was not "which tuner do you like" it was about the Diablo for those who wanted some real feedback.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

It's now my third week with the Hemivefer.com custom tune and the Durango is a complete different car now. According to my wishes Sean from Hemifever changed the whole shifting setup and torque management. It's a real joy now to drive! A well worth investement and great service from Sean and Hemifever.com!

I'm actually using the 89 tune and it has more power and consumes less fuel than the diablo canned tunes. Because of the more responsive shifting I don't have to push the pedal as much as before and because of that I managed to get more than 1l/100km less then before. I went down from 16.9l/100km to 15.5l/100km (50 city/50 highway).

But the best thing was really the changes in shifting and torque management. It reacts now so fast that the downshift is almost to the same time as you hit the pedal. It's like as the car knows I want to go faster :-) Also the shifts are much firmer which is especially noticeable from 1-2 shift. No more slow rpm drop from 1-2. It's like driving a BMW now with fast and crisp shifts!

Next thing is to do some datalogs with the 93 tune and to send it back for more improvements!

For all you out there with a Diablo and a Hemi I can really propose to take a look at http://www.hemifevertuning.com/category_s/29.htm. Great and fast service!

Quick Reply: Diablo DCX tune install today!