3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 Durango Citadel Hemi AWD Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:02 AM
IEWRX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well of course when I got to the dealer it did not act up. When I started it to move out of the garage it took two tries to start it. Then when I used the remote start when I was going ot leave it started then immediately died, then started back up. They are now keeping it overnight but their shop foremen has talked about the potential bad connection at the TIPM. That is now the direction they are going.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

The start symptoms you describe relate to the way the security system acts. Starts and shuts down...There could be an issue with the TIPM module, when that failed in my wifes Avenger the car did hardly anything right
STEVE

Old 05-10-2013, 12:42 AM
IEWRX
Professional

Well the TIPM is still suspect, but after another day it did not act up, started every time. They are keeping it over another night. They have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up to check fuel pressure when it does not start. At this point it is looking like a known issue but it appears Dodge. I will wait and see what happens in the morning and go from there.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 AM
IEWRX
Professional

SO TIPM Has been ordered. This morning they tried with the remote start the fuel pressure gauge went to 75, then fell to 10 and would not start. They have ordered the TIPM and plan to put it in on Monday, until then we have the D back. BTW that is one expensive part, think they told me $1195 with labor before he remember I had extended on the D. Glad I got the extended warranty this time, had a feeling with all the electrical and high tech on this vehicle.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Its basically another computer to control all the electronic goodies including security system and that is the part on yours I think may be wreaking havoc
STEVE

Old 05-11-2013, 05:46 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by IEWRX
SO TIPM Has been ordered. This morning they tried with the remote start the fuel pressure gauge went to 75, then fell to 10 and would not start. They have ordered the TIPM and plan to put it in on Monday, until then we have the D back. BTW that is one expensive part, think they told me $1195 with labor before he remember I had extended on the D. Glad I got the extended warranty this time, had a feeling with all the electrical and high tech on this vehicle.
Got the extended warranty for the same reason. It's almost funny that while the salesmen expound on the virtues and reliability of the vehicle, it sounds like the most amazing technological marvel. Then after you sign on the dotted line, they take you in to the business manager who tells you how expensive they are to fix and tells you enough horror stories to sell the extended warranty.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
ah64pilot

Tag - I bought a 2011 for my wife (used) with 45K on the clock. Recently it has been doing the same. It will crank but won't start. I have to cancel the crank cycle by hitting the run button again. When it does it, after about the 3rd try it will complete the cycle and run. It's very intermittent but I am now in the process of eliminating the key fobs (security system) as the culprit.

I'm am going to use only one fob for a week to see if it happens to both or just one fob. I would like to know what the outcome of IEWRX's dealer experience is. I do not have an extended warranty as I am a competent mechanic, but I'd rather not pay for parts unless I know for sure what I'm buying is going to fix the problem.

I look forward to hearing whether or not they were able to identify and fix the problem.

Steve

Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
IEWRX
Professional

ah64, when I picked up mine on Friday they old me that if it has and issue starting with the push button to use the remote to start it. If it had an issue with the remote, to use the push button. WHen it did it to me on Friday with the remote start I used the push button and it started right up. Now of course this will only work if you have the remote start.
Ptherwise without having any tools of the trade to look into what is happening when this issue occures, it make it hard to determine what is happening. It too a fuel pressure reading to get a diagnosis as this issue does not leave any codes.
Will see for sure by Tuesday at the earliest if the TIPM replacement fixes mine and I will post the results, hopefully positive.....

Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM
IEWRX
Professional

Originally Posted by bbtkd
Got the extended warranty for the same reason. It's almost funny that while the salesmen expound on the virtues and reliability of the vehicle, it sounds like the most amazing technological marvel. Then after you sign on the dotted line, they take you in to the business manager who tells you how expensive they are to fix and tells you enough horror stories to sell the extended warranty.
My last 5 new vehicles I have not gotten the extended on and never had a problem, but on a first year run and all the gizmo's on these things that is a lot to go wrong, so would rather error on the side of caution on this purchase. Glad I did so far, abourt $1195 of the $1800 warranty price in one visit. Might be worthwhile.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 AM
ah64pilot

Thanks for the update IEWRX!

Quick Reply: 2011 Durango Citadel Hemi AWD Issues