3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Forgot to add option fro factory order!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats going to be great looking all black! Im kind of stuck on the monotone look if you cant tell, LMAO...What Dealership please don't say Criswell in Gaithersburg....! They dont like me after making two complaints to Dodge Cares and making them change my paperwork twice. Still got a great deal on my DD! I would think your still the customer and you havent given them anything but a promise and maybe a small deposit. have them make it right or walk away and order another one.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
redlinez

Joe,
I believe production scheduled means Dodge has your paperwork, an actual build date has not been set. There is a time period your dealer can make changes, I don't know how long that is and a time period after that that the regional rep can make changes. I
saw this happen for other Jeep guys when my Jeep Wrangler was built. I would ask the dealer to contact his rep and see if it's too late. If it is, as the others have suggested ask your dealer to order another one. I would prefer a factory hitch, but you can buy the parts, there is a bumper cover that is already cut out, will need paint or as someone has done on this board cut the stock one out.

Good luck,
Bob

Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 AM
2012sxt
Professional

when the truck gets delivered tell them to add the tow package before purchase....its what you would do if you went to their lot and liked one with out the tow package...nothing to freak out about. Just tell them before you take delivery that you want the tow package added on. It will not be an issue

Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
when the truck gets delivered tell them to add the tow package before purchase....its what you would do if you went to their lot and liked one with out the tow package...nothing to freak out about. Just tell them before you take delivery that you want the tow package added on. It will not be an issue
The problem is that the dealer-added tow package is not identical to the factory-installed tow package.

Factory tow package includes hitch, coolers, spare tire, shocks, wiring, tow mode and a higher tow rating then when added by the dealer.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:28 PM
joe3292003

Ended up ordering another D with the tow package. There was just too much missing without it. I also added The heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats.....couldn't resist

Dealer was surprisingly super cool. I ended up talking to the sales manager through all this. Told the dealer I would call corporate and see if they could change the order. . I figure once I mentioned the words corporate, that I got handed off to the manager lol. I wasn't even being a dick hahaha. I worked with Bowie Dodge in Maryland. They have been straight forward with everything. The other dealerships I went to in the area were horrible. Trying to scam out of rebates and such.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Good to hear
He can cancel the first one anyway.
STEVE

Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it worked out!

Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 AM
clh1220
Amateur

my dealer ordered my citadel without the towing package.I caught it on line a few days later.they had to order another one.the first one came in the other day still waiting on the second one.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad the dealership didn't give you any trouble ordering another.

Quick Reply: Forgot to add option fro factory order!