3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Interesting convo with Kumho Rep..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 AM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrShrk
me too...wanted a '14....but hard to turn down almost $10k off sticker to take the '13.
Exactly!

I am paying the same monthly payment as my buds with new Explorers and they don't have half the options I have. Plus I parked next to my buds the other day, it's white too, and he says "Man it looks so much meaner and sportier then mine".

Old 05-16-2013, 08:36 AM
coldsteel
Captain

The new Explorers are just a Taurus with different sheet metal. They are more station wagon than SUV

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS2 sorry for the traffic delays..as u know we don't make the call on tube closures unless its an emergency. Unfortunately the suits upstairs make those calls. We just gotta implement them. Let me ask, how are those Forteras you guys are riding on? They look kinda off road ish , are they quiet? INYADREEMS its a small world man that's too funny. Great job brother thanks for help and assistance. You better knock on wood though with that no issues yet comment HaHa.. V for Victory those cooled are big time comfy, gotta admit. These big Hemi engines throw off a lot of Heat especially in the summer. I have the maximum steel color so its pretty much black..between that & the black dash.. truck is a sweat breaker. When I first purchased I posted on here I felt the the wheel wells s and engine compartment were sealed up for noise that the heat has nowhere to go so would make its way back to passenger cabin. Have cooled seats in my Kia Optima and they are sweet. Nothing like cooling the zeppolies off after the gym Thanks for police week shout out bro!

Last edited by PortAuthorityCop; 05-16-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:34 AM
king3rick

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Below is the TSB regarding the rattle.

NUMBER: 23-022-12 REV. A
GROUP: Body
DATE: November 21, 2012

SUBJECT:
Knocking Sound From Instrument Panel Area Near The A-Pillar
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves adjusting the driver side hood hinge and if necessary replacing the
hinge pivot bolt.
MODELS:
2011 - 2012 (WD) Durango
**2011 - 2012 (WK) Grand Cherokee**
NOTE: **This Bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to July 2, 2012 (MDH0702XX).**
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience a knocking sound from the instrument panel area near the
A-pillar.
DIAGNOSIS:
An audible buzz, squeak, or rattle (BSR) or knocking sound may appear to be coming from
the instrument panel (I/P) area at or near the front leading edge of the A-pillar. The noise
may actually be caused by an improperly adjusted hood hinge. The hood hinge can be
checked in the closed position by grasping the hood near the rear corners at the hinge and
lifting up and down. If excessive motion and/or a knocking sound is produced or the
customer describes the symptom, perform the Repair Procedure.

HI,
I have the same issue with my 2015 Durango SXT. Does this bulletin cover my issue? The sound has been bothering me lately and I need a resolution.
Please advise.

Thank you.
king3rick
(newbie)

Quick Reply: Interesting convo with Kumho Rep..