3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Diablo in tune vs. Hypertech

Old 02-15-2014, 12:07 PM
wildspeed
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running the DCX 1000 for over a year without any problem,
the can tune are basics, but the custom ones from hemifever run very nicely.
No experience with the hypertech on the Durango, but used to run a power progammer on my LS1 and was also happy with it.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

It's funny those that have the HT think it's the shi# and those that have the Diablo think it's the shi#. But when the rubber meets the road or the dyno for that matter the Diablo is coming out on top period end of story. You talk to some of these guys with headers and a custom tune and they are pulling away from those HT guys. I went round and round on this because I had experience with both for my Magnum and saw how different they were. And keep in mind I had them on one of the first 5.7 ever way back in 2004. I have been running Diablo for over 8 years in the Magnum and almost a year in the D3 with no problems. Now if HT would comes out with some custom tuning options that would put them in a better position to back up what they claim. But you have to ask yourself why are some of the top Hemi tuners in the nation using DS? Why are some of the fastest and most powerful Hemi powered street rides using DS? It isn't because they are crap and don't work. By now the proof is in the tunes so I'm just enjoying watching all those that said the HT was as good fade away in the rear view mirror.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it

Last edited by Wash Man; 02-15-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Fullslp
Captain

It's funny watching people get so butt hurt over crap like this. THERE ARE VERY FEW TUNING OPTIONS for the Durango. Nothing is better than a custom tune. BUT... the hypertech works just fine and honestly I have yet to find a D on here who has dynoed with a diablo and shown mind blowing results. Budoboy did some track times with diablo and showed a blistering 2 tenths of a sec quicker. MJ Newman showed positive dyno numbers with hypertech and at least that's something. Steve has done some very influential testing, being honest and saying diablo does show improvement over the Interceptor. But that the hypertech does work for what it is especially increasing drivability. I believe him.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed my Hypertech today, I will wait a week or two to give my opinion. lol

I am really wondering how it effects the Eco Mode

Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

Curious, does anyone have any time slips with HT or DS on their 3G D? Not the seat dyno and not the dyno but real world time slips with before and after.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diablo in tune vs. Hypertech