3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hemi durango TRUE OIL CAPACITY and the longest oil change in history

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
SS2RT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
Careful with doing that...these MDS Hemi's require no more than 20w oil for proper operation.
STEVE
really? dont the srt8's have 'MDS ? (jeep does at least?)

Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Isn't it crazy how some things are all the same for some of us and can also be polar opposite. I switch from pennzoil synthetic in my camao SS to mobil 1 because every oil change the air gap in the upper TB would be caked with sludge. When I swapped it went away. Haha I guess you can't win for losing.

SS2RT was that your TBSS you threw a rod in?
yes sir..no oil in my driveway, no oil on the engine, and no oil in the engine, less than a month after my oil change (i had checked the oil a few days after my oil change and it was all there..that was last i saw of it!)

i scored a "new" to me LS2 from a totaled out SS for $250 (15K miles on it) when mine had 40K when it blew up..so Aside from a 2 week layup, wasnt the worst thing in the world, but I wish i knew why, and wish GM cared why...

Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by SS2RT
really? dont the srt8's have 'MDS ? (jeep does at least?)
Dont believe they do have MDS

Others have tried differennt oil viscosity's and had issues
STEVE

Old 05-30-2013, 10:08 PM
SS2RT
Captain

thats a great point then...I had a list of
oils to research, Pennzoil 0W was on top of the list,
guess thats getting scratched out!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:43 AM
ramdanimal
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Actually this was the FIRST oil change and was factory filled to the full mark. I removed 7.4 quarts and added 7.5 quarts to bring it back to full.....
Not to keep beating the point to death, but it could have been topped off by the dealer as that is part of the inspection to put a new vehicle into service by checking all fluid levels, etc. It may, or may not, have been a factory fill. None of us know for sure.......and Dodge ain't sayin'.......so?? I too will use the dipstick as THE guage....but I still wonder which is accurate.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by ramdanimal
Not to keep beating the point to death, but it could have been topped off by the dealer as that is part of the inspection to put a new vehicle into service by checking all fluid levels, etc. It may, or may not, have been a factory fill. None of us know for sure.......and Dodge ain't sayin'.......so?? I too will use the dipstick as THE guage....but I still wonder which is accurate.
No your absolutely right. It is possible that the dealer added oil before I took delivery. I checked all fluids when I got it home as I don't trust anyone and they were all at the full mark. Mine was out on a dirt lot covered in 2 inches of grime when I took it for a test drive. It was 9 at night so after the test drive It didn't leave my sight and I told them not to bother washing it (because the lot boy would have scratched the crap out of it). So I believe that this was a Factory Fill and wasn't altered. Besides its not like there are a ton of threads related to leaking oil or blown seals from overfilled engines.

Must have looked funny driving the dirtiest new car in the world with no plates and the BUY IT NOW writing on the windshield. Haha.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
sinn
Amateur

I haven't seen a real "dealer prep" yet and I've bought dozens of new vehicles in the last 25 yrs....Half the lazy *** dealers don't even clear the mud off the driver's door panel that the delivery truck driver left when he climbed through the window to back it off the car carrier.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:49 PM
SS2RT
Captain

i swear on my next vehicle (an SRT SUV
of some sort) I am ordering my vehicle and
demanding it is left as-is or im not accepting delivery

i have yet to get one not scratched or damaged in some way and I am convinced its "dealer prep" causing it

Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by SS2RT
i swear on my next vehicle (an SRT SUV
of some sort) I am ordering my vehicle and
demanding it is left as-is or im not accepting delivery

i have yet to get one not scratched or damaged in some way and I am convinced its "dealer prep" causing it
I agree bro . The dealers are terrible at this. Also if / when you do get your SRT SUV SS2RT " I'm praying to God you SELL ME YOUR BRAKES

Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on improper dealer prep... phuggin butchers I tell ya!!

Quick Reply: Hemi durango TRUE OIL CAPACITY and the longest oil change in history