3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Startup and shuts off, no tuner on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
rrjjpp74
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You kow the weird thing now that you say security is. The other day my alarm was going off while I was in the store. Maybe this has something to do with it also.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Also the Keyless is very sensitive. I Keep the key in my pocket and on occassion I have been in the car and got out to grab something and come back to find display saying key is out of range or something. I believe that after a certain amount of time if the Key does not return to inside the car it will shut off after a few moments. If your alarm activated for some reason the other day and that is when you had the problem it indeed went into security mode
STEVE

Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 AM
rrjjpp74
Rookie

Got my Durango back yesterday and they said there was codes for VIN mismatch whatever that means. One for the FOB, Remote start and ABS module. So going to try it and see if any more issues.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Hammy30

I have a 2011 and it just happened to me. I have an RT and use the Auto Start often. However, I started noticing recently, that when I manually start (press brake and push button), the brake seemed like it was pushing back at me a little much. Then, a few weeks ago, it happened. I tried to do a manual start but when I pressed the "start" button, she just kept cranking and the ignition wouldn't catch. The only way to get it to STOP trying to start/crank was to press the Start button a couple times.
It was in the shop for three weeks (happened on a Saturday, service dept. closed on Sunday, diagnosed on Monday, 7-10 days for new "computer chip" to come in, and then 5 {business} days to replace). Apparently, there's A LOT of pieces that need to be removed to get to the computer module that could cause collateral damage (or so they say).
Finally got the call that my baby is ready to go home. It's now two days later. I have no problem with the remote start, however, when I went to manually start this morning, she cranked and cranked but wouldn't start. I waited a moment and then tried again and she started fine. Took her back to my Service Dept and kissed her good-bye again
I hope Dodge is working on a permanent fix for this.
Sorry, forgot to add, this is just Dodge manufacturer's Auto Start feature.

Last edited by Hammy30; 05-31-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 AM
IEWRX
Professional

Originally Posted by rrjjpp74
IEWRX,

What is the TIPM? And was they able to diagnose this thru a scan tool or how?
The issue does not throw a code. In my case they hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and when it did this it dropped the fuel pressure causing the no start.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

WHich is exactly how the security system works it cuts off fuel so the attempted thief cannot get away with vehicle...weird.
STEVE

Old 06-10-2013, 06:57 AM
rrjjpp74
Rookie

And the issue has returned, taking back to shop Tues and dropping off.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM
IEWRX
Professional

Hmmm... So far no return for me. Maybe I should keep quite....

Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Hammy30
Default Aaarghh!!

Took my Rango back in AGAIN (for the third time)... this time I was driving out of my neighborhood and the car just died when I was pressing the Accelerator.
Now, it's a waiting game, and I wish the dealership would at least have a comparable loaner vehicle instead of rinky dink little cars.

Quick Reply: Startup and shuts off, no tuner on.